New Revalidation Times at St. Louis (Jan 02, 2002 onwards)

Among the Ill Fated Anthrax Tainted mail!!

Hi All,
My passport was among the ill fated mail tainted with Anthrax. Anyways I managed to go to NYC and get a duplicate passport. My question to you folks is:
1. Can I send my duplicate passport again to St Louis for Revalidation?
2. Is there any body out there who is a victim of the anthraxed mail?
3. Cant think of any more
Thanks all in advance for your help, comments and suggestions....
Rajesh.

I think you cannot :(

I recall a DOS message that they will help get the new passport but the visa will have to be issued in the foreign country. But please double-check.

GG

Couldn\'t talk to DOS office

i have been trying to talk to DOS office at number:202-663-1225 , since last few days , but always i remain on hold for 20-30 minutes and then cut off.
Does anybody know some other number ?

No Title

That\'s the only number. If in hold you listen the dial tone dial again. It happen to me twice. When you are hold you should not have a dial tone. Hope it\'s help. BTW every time I called I got a person to answer. In case you require more help let me know

St.louis Number

What is the telephone number to track the status of revalidation of passports? Thanks.

St.louis received my passport on 11/09/01. I donno when i\'ll get my passport back. Anybody can give any information?

DOS lost my passport

DOS lost my passport.
It was received at St Louis on 11/12/01 via FedEx and they have cashed the cashier check(visa fee) also on 11/16/01.

I called up the DOS today at washington and they couldn\'t find the passport neither they could trace it back to St Louis.

Does any body know what to do in this situation?

fee for new passport(if original is lost by DOS)

Does DOS payed u back the fees u sent for revalidation?
How about the fees u have to pay for getting the new passport?

what about the visa fees they cashed already?

What will happen to the visa fees i paid ?

does any body know that how much time i takes to get the new passport from indian consulate?

what about the visa fees they already cashed?

will DOS resturn the visa fees they already cashed?

does any one know ,how much time it takes to get new/duplicate passport from indian consulate?
and where can i find the information for getting a new passport in case of lost passport.

Sent for Re-validation.. Passport missing..

Hi Guys,
   I sent for Visa Re-validation to St.Louis. It wad delivered on Oct22nd. I didn\'t still get my papers. I talked to Visa Officer last friday, she told me that some applications they lost. She confirmed that I am also a Victim. That means I lost Passport, I797 and I94. I am not sure how to proceed next. I have xerox copies of above. Do you guys have any idea on this? Please let me know. Thanks..

No Title

Hi,

I am also a victim of Ill Fated Anthrax.... I lost my Passport, I797 and I94. DOS says that application is currently inaccessible. I am guessing that it\'s lost. No point in waiting. How long it took for you to get a duplicate passport? We should know more people got effected. so that we can write mails to Chennai Consulate. So that they are aware of the situation. As we lost original passport and I797, I am not sure whether they treat this as an Re-Validation or First Time Stamping. If thay treat it as an Re-validation, then I guess DOS should be able to stamp it here. Please let me know, how did you proceed. Thanks a lot...

No Title

Thanks for your reply Ray. Is it necessary to get a Duplicate I797 also? I have a photo copy of 797. Also Any Idea about I94? I really appreciate ur help.
Also DOS is not clearly saying that they lost applications. They say it is inaccessable. They are not sure about it? Do u have any idea.. Is it like applications damaged in decontamination process or just misplaced. If it is like misplaced, there are hopes that they may find one day..

Got my passport stamped

Got my passport stamped with H1 Visa(Revalidation) today.

Date sent to St.Louis - 11/10/2001
Date recieved in St.Louis - 11/12/2001

Do they Revalidate if visa transferred from L1 to H1 in USA

Does anybody has a case , where the person was on L1 visa and got the H1 visa here in usa.
Does DOS revalidate the H1 visa in this case?

The passport has L1 visa stamped and that is expired now.

Does DOS return Reciprocity Fee($75) , in case of temporary refusal ?

Does DOS return Reciprocity Fee($75) , in case of temporary refusal of H1 B visa revalidation?

did u send a prepaid envelope ?

or was it regular mail. I sent mine on Oct 30 and they stamped on 1/14 but i have not yet recd. I had sent mine without a return envelope