new processing time on

Applying at VSC

The applicant has the option filing at the serivce center under which his home is located or the center which approved his 140.

No Title

I for one am convinced that Vsc processes based on RD. I saw it during my 140 too. The problem I am foreseeing with VSC is that I think they have a significant load of 485 cases after June. Most 140 guys would remember the spate of 140 approvals that came in after May 2001 after being in limbo since Sep 2000. This would have resulted in lot of 485 filings after May 01. The glimmer of hope is if VSC speeds up again in May to churn out max number of approvals before 30th Sep to boost their numbers before their annual raises are due.

how do they assign EAC # or LIN # or SRC # or WAC #

Check this web page
http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/scnational/index.htm#C
For your convenience, I have cut and pasted the information about EAC # from the above web page.

Your Receipt:
After filing your application and paying your fees, you will receive a receipt number. These receipt numbers are very important. Please use these numbers whenever you write to us about your case, and whenever you contact us to find out about the status of your case.

The numbering system used on receipts has significance.

For most applications filed at a Service Center, your receipt may look like this: LIN 99 001 50001. In this example, the LIN represents the Nebraska Service Center, where the application was initially received into the electronic system. Cases that are filed at or received by another Service Center but processed at the NSC will generally carry the designation of the originating Service Center:

LIN = Lincoln, Nebraska or NSC
EAC = St. Albans, Vermont or VSC
SRC= Dallas, Texas or TSC
WAC= Laguna Niguel, California or CSC

In the example above:

The 99 represents the fiscal year (October 1, through September 30) in which the case was received.
The 001 represents the computer workday in the fiscal year on which the fee was taken.
The 50001 represents the particular case number.
For cases with particular case numbers starting with a 5, electronic case status information is available (see Finding the Status of Your Case, below). For cases with particular case numbers starting with a 0, you must write to request the status of your case.