New processing dates 09/22 at USCIS

one of my friend actually talked to officer. His I-485 rd in JAN 2000 never got approved and no FP so far. i htink he was really frustrated with the system. officer (escalated to high level before transferring calls to 2 others) told him that they have to follow some spcial procedures to process his case as it was on the bottom of the list. so he asked the officer why his case was on the bottom. officer told him that its because of concurrent processing and they get some kind of orders to put the non-concurrent processing in the limbo. thsta why they are approving non-conc I-140's so that the I-1485 wil be held indfinitely so that concurrent ones will get processed. There is some new regulations coming that will fast process concurrent I-140's which was put on hold until the elections because of some budjet stuff.

my understanding is they are not processing non concurrent because of new concurrent rule and for new concurrent files they dont approve I-140's. one is an excuse for other and we are in a big dead lock situation

Just called an IO

To clarify on the applicability of the recently published dates for I-140 at CIS website, I called them to find the following:

1) When questioned the CSR on whether the PDs applies to CC or NC filers, she told me that they apply to NC filers only. Infuriated by this reply :mad: ,
I asked her then how will I track I140 dates for CC filers? She gladly transferred me to an IO :eek:

2) IO told me that the CSR is wrong ( :( ) and that, these dates apply to both CC and NC filers.

3) I couldn't resist the urge to ask her about AC21, and she told me that once I140/I485 are pending for 180+ days, you can change jobs. :D

My conclusion:
Overall, regarding the PDs for CC I140s, it is a total mess. I bet when every one of us calls, we will get different answers, no surprise here!
Only one thing can salvage you out of this, and that is your own
*********LUCK*******

so, good LUCK to all of you!
-aws

AWS what about your I-140. Did the IO say why it was not approved? Since the dates have moved to Dec 2003.

Spoke to an IO

As aws above, today I called the USCIS toll free number to seek answers to the following:

1) Are the processing dates shown applicable to C or NC cases - answer was: it does not matter, it applies to both. :)

2) Can one change jobs if I-140/I-485 is pending unadjudicated for more than 180 days - CSR didn't know the answer therefore transferred to an IO - answer was: no, one has to wait for I-140 approval before changing jobs. :mad:

So in summary, the second reply was in condradiction to what aws was told.:confused:

Kashish