New passport...Is this normal?

kiddoso

Registered Users (C)
I just received my new US passport. I noticed something that I don't know whether it's normal. Under surname, it reads "As Lastname", instead of my lastname only. My wife's passport, which is an older one, does not have this. I am wondering if someone made a mistake entering my last name! I would be really mad if that actually happened! Please let me know if you do or do not have the same thing. Thanks in advance!

Kiddoso,

I just looked at my daughter's US passport which was issued last April. Underneath the word 'Surname' it just has her last name. Nothing else at all is written next to it.

Thanks homeschoolmum.

I start to have a feeling that they messed up my name on the passport. That's amazing (in a ridiculous way...)! One would think that there are only a few pieces of information on the passport that need to be doublechecked.

Kiddoso,

When you applied for the passport, was the secondary identification you gave also in your new name? (maybe your driver's license?)

kiddoso said:
Thanks homeschoolmum.

I start to have a feeling that they messed up my name on the passport. That's amazing (in a ridiculous way...)! One would think that there are only a few pieces of information on the passport that need to be doublechecked.

If the passport office made a mistake, they will fix it for you at no charge. Just the pain of mailing and obtaining a new one...

kiddoso said:
bamako, I used expedited service and it took just over a week.

I used normal processing, and I applied on 02/01/2006. I still can't check my status online. I don't have any travel plan therefore I did not see the need for expedited processing. I hope, I will get mine in 4 weeks.

Hi bamako,

A good way to track it would be to see if the check u wrote has been cashed. I wrote a personal check for mine, and will use that to check if they got the papers

I ended up going to the Houston Passport Agency and told them about the error. They made a copy of my naturalization certificate again and said that they would fed-ex the new report to me in a couple of days. No additional charge for this. Luckily I work not too far from the passport agency and was able to take care of this relatively easily.

Thanks everyone for the input!

shahidsan said:
Hi bamako,

A good way to track it would be to see if the check u wrote has been cashed. I wrote a personal check for mine, and will use that to check if they got the papers

I used a money order. I guess, I can't track money order.
I will call the customer service next week to check my status.