New Passport After 485 Is Filed (jim, Gurus Please Advise)

NJ485FILER

Registered Users (C)
I had to change my daughter\'s name on the passport as her initial passport was missing her last name. Indian consulate issued her a new passport today. Obviously passport number etc. are different. I am very keen to know the effect of this on 485 processing.
Do I need to notify INS for this change? 485 papers were already filed with this new name. If anybody went thru this situation, please advise. Any suggestions will be highly apprciated.

Thanks in advance

JIM, GURUS : PLEAE REPOND

I had to change the name of my daughter as her initial passport was missing her last name. She has been issued a new passport with new number,dates, name etc. Her passport which was used to file 485 is cancelled. 485 papers are already filed with this new name.

What is the effect of this change on 485 filing?
Do I need to notify INS of this change?
What are the things I should do to make sure 485 processing is not affected?

Please help, I am little bit tense?

No need.

In the new passport, they should have entered the old passport number in the new one and must have cancelled the old one. Don\'t need to inform the INS and just wait until the application is approved. Once it\'s approved, just take both the passports to get the stamping on her new passport.

I don\'t see a need for you to inform INS about the new passport details. Let it take it\'s own course and wait for the approval.

You might check with your lawyer who has filled your 485, just to be sure.

Hope it\'s help ful. Take care and don\'t worry.

JIM MILLS: Can you please share your knowledge on this please?

I know you have been very helpful to all of us.
Thanks in advance!

All INS needs is valid passport at the time of stamping

My wife changed to new passport and I got an additional booklet recently. We got our new passports stamped recently w/o any issues whatsoever. IIO wasn\'t even interested in looking at the old passports.

I would still suggest you to carry your old passport just in case you need to show them.

SashaTanya