New Packet-3 requirements?

nonu

Registered Users (C)
CP gurus,
         Could someone tell me what all documents are required to be sent
with new packet-3? Original or photocopies?
Also, Is PCC required to be sent with new Packet-3. (I know it was not required to be sent with packet-3 some months back, but is it required now)

thanks.

it depends on the consulate ...if its an Indian consulate read the discussion

by desert_boy ....he has done a marvellous job regarding the new procedure for India

the link to the discussion

go_on "NVC->St Louis->NVC->Consulate Part 2" 3/24/02 12:59am

so for India u need DS230 Part 1 and $260 fees per applicant and the bar coded letter that came with P3 from NVC...

Hope this helps

I have a BMB case number

Is BMB requirements for Packet 3 different then Delhi????
I am taking about NVC requesting all original documents with packet 3.
thanks

New NVC process takes effect May1 (announced 4/5)

This includes a lot more countries/consulates other than India. DOS released this announcement today.
Details on immmigration-law
Federal Register: April 5, 2002 (Volume 67, Number 66)]
[Notices]
[Page 16483-16484]
From the Federal Register Online via GPO Access [wais.access.gpo.gov]
[DOCID:fr05ap02-139]

=======================================================================
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

DEPARTMENT OF STATE

[Public Notice 3970]

brb, do you have a link to the information?

I could not find it on immigration-law.com or anywhere else.

Couldn\'t find brb\'s document

I couldn\'t find it either? BRB can you please be more specific about the document.

Mumbai ,Chennai and New Delhi all of them are added in the list

I dont think this answers any questions...there is just a mention of paying the fees upfront...which we already know..

I dont think any body attending Interviews at any one of the above consulates are required to send original documents like BC,PCC.

No Title

this notice has added more consulates to the list.. Earlier it used to be a few countries, in Dec 2001 India and Nam were added and now Australia, Japan, S\'pore etc are added..

Agreed , there are more consulates now..

But why should nonu be needed to send original certificates.
There is no mention about the originals in the notice..

Nonu, I personally feel you should call up NVC, I think they have mixed up documents and have send u the letter that they send out to some one at Montreal or other consulates that need all original documents..
Please do post ur experience after speaking with NVC..

Shanks

No Title

MouliRouge

Can u please tell what will be the impact of this new NVC requirements. I read the other tracker you posted but could not understand what\'s the change.

Thanks
Virginia Boy

new process

I think that the new process which included India, now also includes, Australia, Singapore, Pakistan, Bangladesh and scores of other countries in Asia and near east. Packet 3 will have to be sent to St. Louis first rather than directly to the consulate.

No Title

Thanks brb.

Oh no, so this will increase load on NVC heavilly and can increase packet-3 processing time at NVC. AM I right.

Thanks
Virginia Boy

Virginia Boy

Yes, this will clog the NVC pretty badly. Indian consulates process one of the largest number of employment based IVs. NVC processing has already slowed down since mid January after DOS changed the process for Indian IVs. Now with scores of more countries requiring re-routing through NVC, it will be interesting to watch the processing times for CP. But as CP processing times increase CP will be no more attractive. The road to GC is like a two lane highway with people changing lanes based on perceived speed of the other lane. Eventually both lanes will have the same speed so no matter AOS or CP it will take the same time!

Called NVC. Analysis!!!

(Forgot my password so created new user Nonu_)

1) My lawyer got packet-3 and I haven\'t got a chance to look at it. Its my lawyer told me that we need to send the originals with Packet 3 (as per NVC\'s request).

2) I called NVC on friday and the representative told me that "if you read it clearly it is asking you to prepare the documents". She continued "you donot need to send originals with packet 3".

3) Called up my laywer and requested them to fax me the cover letter of Packet 3.

I now believe there are 2 possibilities...
1_ Lawyer as misinterpreted the information as the NVC\'s representative said.
2_ NVC representative is not aware of latest changes.

Can someone please scan-attach, type the cover letter of packet-2 that they have received. (Hide all personal information).
If the packet-3 cover letters are same then definetly my lawyer is misinterpreting the document.

No Thailand!!! Unbelivable......

I noticed the post and my knee dropped as I hope to get green card quicker thru CP. However, as I went thru the list, there is no Bangkok, Thailand in there!!!!! What a surprise...... Is this mean I don\'t have to go thru St.Louis for now?? Thank god if this is correct. Still wonder though, why Thailand is not on the list. I hope DOS doesn\'t make a mistake....