New orleans oath of ceremony for us citizenship/Divorced and remarried cases

ramd

Registered Users (C)
I have been waiting for the citizenship oath of ceremony from 02/8/2002 since I passed the citizenship exam test on 02/28/2002.My N400 application receipt date was 01/29/2001 almost 16 months ago. Whenever I go to new orleans office for an enquiry I \'am told that I may have to wait anywhere between a month to a year or even more as my case is different because I had been divorced and had been married again after I got my greencard(I got my greencard through employment).I had given the supporting documents like my divorce certificate and my marriage certificate on 03/14/2002(notarized) after I passed the citizenship exam.Is anyone in a similar situation like me?? Any information about the New Orleans Timeline for N400 application or divorced and remarried cases will be appreciated.

No Title

just out of curiosity r you in touch with your X make sure she has not filed any criminal case against you is there any out-standing
judgement against you in your previous marriage
any child support or alimony

is your current wife in US currently.

thanks in advance

New orleans N400 timeline (with divorce)

No I\'am not in touch with my ex, think she is still in USA. She got her greencard along with me in 1996 (gc with my employment in New orleans louisiana).Actually she divorced me .No out-standing
judgement against me in our previous marriage
no child support or alimony as we didnt have any children.
I think she is in USA.I feel that I have nothing to loose as she got gc with my help as it was me who filed for her as it was my job which got me a gc.NOW I feel that(my ex divorce) it is still hurting me by delaying my citizenship.

No Title

it all looks unsual to me I know many of couples who have been divorced in US and got their
citizenship just like anybody else

there has to be some inquiry which is delaying your case
I checked with my lawyer and his argument is that the INS would inquire if they have some doubt
otherwise it is fine
keep posted I am in the same boat like you but waiting for the interview later in july
at atlanta

New orleans N400 timeline (with divorce)

Now it makes a lot of sense. My ex wife and I could not get along at all. She had a grudge against me, my financial capability etc.Well even though she got gc through me and I personally didnt do any harm against her, she has a right to file some kind of a criminal case against me. IF,If she did that would the the INS consider that as something like a dui,dwi or some kind of criminal act. However I thought the INS does that kind of back ground checks during finger prints check up that is done before being called for the interview/exam.BUT I should know about that kind of criminal complaint against me exists with the police or somewhere. NOW how long does the INS take to know about that kind of criminal misdemeanor?? a couple of months or a Year(after the exam)?? please reply. Thanks

Do Not Get Paranoid

Guys

Do not get paranoid. I am sure INS is veryfying the particulars about the marriage and divorce circumstances, to make sure neither of you have lied about it during your application process.

They also want to make sure there is no polygamy involved.

Becasue both of the above scenarios would be grounds for lack of moral character, per INS definition. If so grounds for disqualification from citizenship.

I doubt very much there is any criminal cases pending against anyone. So relax and wait for the outcome.

Good Luck.

New orleans N400 timeline (with divorce) Finger prints expiring

I also realised that my finger prints are going to expire on 06/09/2002. I remember I was finger printed on 03/09/2001 in new orleans louisiana almost 15 months ago. Now is the INS going to call me for another set of finger prints and is the back ground checks for those finger prints process is going to be repeated?? any comments for the finger prints expiration(after 15 months) and its effects on the N400 process(obviously delays that could run into months) will be appreciated.

New orleans N400 timeline (for divorced and remarried cases)

I do not remember anything of N400 application at all.But Normally I do not lie about anything .Now as for K1 visa as per this columns it is for fiances as Now INS knows that I\'am married for the second time K3 visa is the only way to bring her to usa.For that I need to become a citizen K3 visa is for citizens dependents/spouses/kids only.Even that K3 visa as per this site takes atleast 3 months.As for foul play New Orleans INS has to atleast mention to me, but whenever I go to Ins in new orleans they just say that it may take a month or a year and that there is no telling how long it takes to arrive at a decision.

No Title

Oh my friend you should have never said that you are married It has complicated the process for you. Now I understand why the INS is delaying your case. even an I130 would have helped you. when you file an I130 for your spouse you provide INS with all the biographic details about your current spouse name family details last place of stay, along with photocopies of marriage certificates birth certificates photographs etc. in your case the INS has none not even a photo. they WILL verify before everything is done.

anyway GUD LUCK

My elaboration!

Let me share my experience:

I applied based on marriage to a US citizen. I am proud to have a good record with the INS (no violations what so ever, especially the Selective Services). When I filed my N-400 last year, I applied 3 months earlier than my PR date since it states this option very clear in the “Guide to Naturalization” that the INS themselves ask for applicants to refer to when filing for the N-400.
When I went to my interview last month, the officer surprised me with a Premature Filling deal case!

I was stunned, mad and confused by this. I fought and fought with them since they said they are going to reject my application until the officer felt bad about my case eventually and decided to forgive me. I applied exactly 3 months before my third year as the guide mentions on page 22 “in the box toward the bottom of the page”. They claim it should be 90 days!! When we added the # of days, it turned out to be that I applied 91 days earlier as it appose to 90! So with the help of my lawyer the officer took a special action with my case described in the link below:

http://www.shusterman.com/natz699.html - Please take time and read through it.

My lawyer said that he would not mind at all to take them to court, but that would cost me money and time, although it\'s a win case. Sure, I’ll go sue them :) that’s all I need.

My lawyer also said that the Service Center should have not Okayed my application and scheduled me for an interview if I was too early in my filing. They should have rejected it in the first time.

Anyways, as the article described, I was given form N-14 "additional proof of the marriage relationship". I sent that to them the same day via Urgent Express "same/2nd day delivery". They received it two days later per the tracking record. However, on my interview day, I was allowed to take the English and the US history tests and I passed, of course.

Now my case lies in the hands of the N-14 Review Officer and how fast he processes these types of cases. How long it will be? Beats me, and beats my lawyer to.
It has been almost a month since I had my interview. I am still waiting to receive and oath letter. I am feeling optimistic about what the outcome will be, I don’t know, maybe because I trust the officer’s word.
So my answer to your question is “YES, THE INS LOVES PUNISHING HONEST PEOPLE"

New orleans N400 timeline (with divorce) and marrried again

Why and how much would that delay my oath of ceremony because i got remarried. Its been more than 3 months I passed the exam.Most people atleast on this site/forum have gotten their oaths in about 2 months.Does the N400 application ask for the details of the past marriages and remarriages on the form?Does INS punish people who are honest and sincere. Please elaborate

No Title

if you have not mentioned about your marriage you could have brought your wife on K1 visa
did you mention in your application about the previous marriage(s) or did you kept the column blank

if the INS suspects any foul play then the processing can take from 175
to 225 days.

New orleans N400 timeline (for divorced and remarried cases)

I have another doubt . AS I got my gc through employment WHY is INS so concerned about my divorce SO MUCH.NOW I can understand that if I had gotten the gc through marriage and divorced to get remarried INS should be concerned and the whatever back ground check is performed is OKAY.BUT That is not my situation My ex wife GOT her gc through me and my employment so she should be scrutinized not me when it comes for citizenship. Actually we got divorced after 5 years of marriage so technically none of us should be effected at all.Moreover all the documentartion of my gc is at the new orleans INS office at which I applied for my US citizenship also.REGARDLESS 100 days is too long a time for any kind of background checking especially when it has been 17 months since the receipt of my N400 application(01/29/2001).