New Job, questionsabout TN/TD COS?

DarkJager

I'm planning on accepting an offer for another company and will be returning to Canada to reenter the US to get a new TN Visa. The question is does my wife and kids have to come with me or can they just file by mail afterwards?

If the border official for what ever reason denies the new TN do I automatically lose the current one? Also what is the best practice for notice at my current job? Do I give 2 weeks and after I leave simply goto border to get the new one?

Just a little nervous about jeopardizing my family's welfare by taking another job.

Trying to get a second TN (note, you can have more thjan one TN at a time), does not jeopardize your first TN. If you don't get i t on a technical issue, you will not lose your 1st TN. If, of course, you are forbidden entry for some other reason, then all US statuses would be out the window, but this is unlikely.

Since you can have more than 1 TN. most simply secure the second job and then give notice. I would not give notice or quit before getting the 2nd TN.