New job,new title,work authorization etc..

I485 pending.
got a new job. same IT field. But different title. Part time, possibility of becoming fulltime. Different State.
Is it ok to accept it?

on second thought,I 'm accepting it. Screw Green card stress at this point. I need a job and I found a one I think I'd enjoy.

Atleast its in the same IT fiend!

Advise /suggestions please:)

P.S they want SSN and Drivers licence. Do I need to show them EAD card? It expires in an 2004.I hope they don't make a big deal. I already have applied for 3rd EAD in August.

What if I don't get it in 3 montrhs? Do I have to go to Atlanta ( where I was b4) or my new State's INS office to pick up a temporary EAD card?
Thanks.

hmcis - I can answer a few of your questions:

>P.S they want SSN and Drivers licence. Do I need to show them EAD card?

You would be asked to submit the I-9 form (attached). Column B is for identification (Driver's License). Column C would be work authorization (EAD Card, since your SSN Card might say "Not authorized to work without permission" or something).

>It expires in an 2004.I hope they don't make a big deal.

I guess you need not worry about this. EAD processing is pretty fast these days. You can expect your approval soon. Besides, tell them you can always extend your EAD again before it expires.

Good luck in your new position!

All employers require either
1) permanent residency
2) valid H1B or
3) valid EAD

If your potential employer knows what he is doing, he will ask for your EAD.

What details needs to send to INS about the job change

I have taken the permanant job from the client. Same job and job duties but designation changed from Programmer/Analyst to Systems Engineer. Is that ok? And if I can send the offer letter and new job description to INS, is that eough? Or is there any special form or format for that. Please help me. Thanks.

Tombaan

Thanks for the reply. You mean, I can just keep quite until I get RFE or approval. If I get RFE, then I need to submit the new job details to INS?
If send the job change details now, how much chances are there for RFE?

looking at what data we have

it is 2 to 5 % chances. I would keep quite and take the job. as under the law you are not required to tell them

dont worry go ahead and take the job. build relations so that you can get the letter you want and when you want:D

I agree with tombaan. But what if someone changed job after 180 days and old employer informed INS to revoke H1-B but not I-140 ?

Then do we have to Inform INS about job change for this scenario ?
Because INS knows that we are not working with sponsored company right ?