New job, 485 pending for less than 180 days.

I485_help

Registered Users (C)
I-140 approved: Feb'07
I-485, EAD, AP: Filed 1st week of July'07. Receipt not received.
8th year H1-B Extension: Filed June'07. Approval not received.
Project through current employer ends: Oct'07. Employer unable to find another job till date.

I'm getting a job through another employer. Assuming, the current employer doesn't cancel my I-140 & that I don't receive an RFE during 180 days then:
1. Are there any other issue/risk involved in switching the employer within 180 days?
2. Can USCIS issue an RFE after 180 days, for those initial 180 days during which I was not their employee?
3. If my current employer is unable to offer me another job (and hence the salary), it will reflect in the IRS records. Will that put my H1-B or I-485 application at risk?

Appreciate your inputs at your earliest convenience.

Thank you!

Based on my knowledge,

8th year H1-B Extension: Filed June'07. Approval not received.
----->I hope you have recieved the reciept for extension atleast.
Project through current employer ends: Oct'07. Employer unable to find another job till date.
----->Eventhough it's employers responsibility to find a job, Nowadays, consultant put their own effort finding a project.

I'm getting a job through another employer. Assuming, the current employer doesn't cancel my I-140 & that I don't receive an RFE during 180 days then:
1. Are there any other issue/risk involved in switching the employer within 180 days?
---->what I heard is, you can change job only after 180days of 485 pending and by sending AC21 and having an EAD. I am not sure about the risk for 485 process thereafter.

2. Can USCIS issue an RFE after 180 days, for those initial 180 days during which I was not their employee?
---> not sure
3. If my current employer is unable to offer me another job (and hence the salary), it will reflect in the IRS records. Will that put my H1-B or I-485 application at risk?
---->your H1B is already in process, so I dont think any risk in it. But if I-485 RFE needs recent paystubs and if you were in bench with no pay then may be little risk I guess.

I would suggest try your own also to get a project (u still have 2more months) and wait until 180days. It's employers duty to pay you what they promised for else you can take legal action.

Last edited by a moderator: