New Jersey SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think PERM can still be a solution to our problems. The implementation rules have still not been printed and hopefully when they are out in April 2003 (or July 2003 if delayed as the above post says) , we will have a better idea. Right now these are under the review phase. Lets hope the final law will incorporate AILA suggestions.

In the meanwhile my gut feeling is that LC Process should be past May 2001 processing in March. Any takers ??

Good News Started May 2001 Processing

Hi,

I just checked automated message that they have started RIR on MAY 2001 Processing.

Thanks,

It's Official

Guys,
We have passed the April hump, atleast for the RIRs. Message says, they are just starting to work on May cases for RIR.. Thats a fantastic news, all the May applicants please keep us posted on your status..

Lexr, AshvinKPatel,

Guys, What no. did you call to confirm this info. Are you saying that the NJ State Level is processing May'01 Labor Application Cases in RIR category?

Can you pl. provide the contact no.?

Thanks for your Positive news.

Regards,

May processing is for sure now ...

I talked to my lawyer and he says "NJ SESA is starting on May but they have 1000 cases received for that month. They process about 350 cases per month therefore it could take up to three months to deal with all of the May filings. Since yours was received early in the month we expect to hear shortly."

Btw, mine was filed on May 07 and PD of May 08th! Hope this helps!!

The phone number for NJ labor.

The phone number for NJ labor : 609-984-3520.
Good luck to all of us.

There is no end for Nj labor cases.
Another 1000 for May ? Kill me .
How about other months ?
1000 for each month ?
It seems it's still a long way to go.
I hate this process.
Stupid.

Relax - It is already a good news !

It has already been an eventful day today as DOL Nj has started MAY processing. I suggest that there is no need to panic for NJ cases. Members are requested to post as and when they receive the Labor Certifications. This will be our acid test and will confirm what the lawyers are saying.

I agree with Vjain

Don't read too much into May taking 3 months. I don't believe such crap for a minute and am very sceptical of such estimates. Not too long ago I had read on this newsgroup that clearing the hump of April 2001 will take all of 2003, and look the RIRs have already moved to May 01.

There is some useful info on this newsgroup but all of it is not entirely accurate. So, use the info carefully.

CalvinX

My attorney has told me that he has received information from DOL NJ on a LC (submitted 3rd week May 2001) that has been processed and forwarded to the Federal Level LC Processing by the NJ State DOL. It seems that the DOL NJ is definitely processing LCs submitted in May.

Anyone else who receives information from the attorney , post in the forum, so that we are clear on the speed of processing. In some of the other states that have also cleared the April hump, the DOLs are processing 2 months of LC applications in a single month ....hope this is the case in NJ case as well.

Good luck to you all..

I'll pray for all you hardworking, law-abiding LC applicants' certifications.

Hope my company is going to file my application soon.

I just called the NJ labor AVM and they said they are processing May cases for RIR . Good Luck Guys!

No... Due to the april pile-up and the conservative nature, my company has been delaying filing my LC in NJ. They should have done this a year ago. I come to this forum often and can see the plight from foreign workers in many states. I feel everyone's pain. So my message was a good wish for everybody in NJ, including myself..

But A good friend of mine either has a mail date or PD of 05/17/01. Once he hears anything, I'll post it here.

new BCIS instead of INS

Guys,

Effective March 1, 2003, INS has ceased to exist. It has been taken over by Homeland Security and the new name is Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (BCIS).

This info came from my lawyer. I don't know how this would affect/change the processing.

I have heard at least in the near term the transformation of INS into BCIS will have no change in procedures and our current LC (State and Federal level ) dates etc.

May month NJ LC is moving

I got the information from my lawyer that my NJ labor (PD May 2nd week) has been forwarded to NY Regional DOL. Looks like NJ labor is moving. Anyone gets approval please post here the timeline for NY.

spt

Status
Not open for further replies.