New J1 visa while already have a J1 visa

ficke

Registered Users (C)
Hey all,
I have a question.I am doing my 12 month internship for now.I have couple of more month to complete it.I can not extend my visa cuz of its hospitality.Can I get a new J1visa when I was in the USA with j1?

If you are subject to the 2-year rule, you cannot change your status while remaining in the US (see page 2 of DS-2019).
You can get a new J-1 by returning to your home country, then applying for another J-1.

U re my man. lol
I am not trying to change my status.I also applied for waiver.My company which is I work for now doesnt extend my visa after 12 months.They said that if its hospitality they can not extend for 18 months.And now, I want to know, before I leave from the US. if I find another company which could except me to work for them,can I get a new j1 visa before I leave.I found a lot topic on internet,they said I can do that but they so old topics and they dont answer back.

My other question is for pk_net;
how did you get ur 3 different ds form back to back totaly for 12 months.I remember on one of these topics,u told me that u did intern as 12 months but it was not just one DS.Could u explain me that how did u do this plz...

I had 3 internships, 4 month each. All you have to do is to get a new DS-2019 from your new organization and apply for a visa from the US consulate. That's it.

so u went to your home country back 3 times to get new DS? I thought u extended ur visa when u were in US.