New INS RULE (change of address).

localmadras

Registered Users (C)
Hello WatchTSC/ All,

Is anyone aware of this new INS RULE regarding change-of-address for both green-card holders & non-immigrant workers.

http://www.murthy.com/UDaddcha.html

The Immigration and Nationality Act requires all foreign nationals within the U.S. who are subject to a registration requirement to notify the INS of address changes within 10 days of moving. This requirement includes almost all foreign nationals. Everyone, therefore, who is a permanent resident or on any immigration status other than U.S. citizen, is required to comply with this law. The correct form for address changes is the
AR-11, which is available from the INS via MurthyDotCom. Naturalization applicants can provide changes of address by telephone (1-800-375-5283). Details are available at the INS WebSite.

I was told by my friend @ office today. Seems like what my friend told was true, after reading it at "murthy.com" website.

Will this anyway affect our GREEN CARD processing.

or did anybody actually submit the AR-11 form to INS recently.

please share your thoughts. I have no idea what to do, but iam going to consult my attorney on this.

Thanks
LocalMadras

Received email from employer to send AR11 asap

Today me employer forwarded email sent by company lawyer asking all the foreign employees to send AR11 ASAP.... I am not sure, what impact it could have on GC process. I would check with my lawyer and post the findings here....

Also I have few questions related to AR11... If anyone knows, please share your knowledge....

- Does spouse has to fill similar AR11 form?

Also, I have few questions related to AR11 for w.r.t what to fill?

- I AM IN THE UNITED STATUS AS : OTHER _________ ???? (e.g. H1-B VISA)
- Copy Number from Alien Card A ______ ????
- Previous Address _________ ?????
Since my arrival in US 2.5 years back, I have never filed such form. So shall I mention my previous NJ home address here?. What would be current address on file with INS for me? Any idea....

Better late then never

I think it is an old rule with new efforts to keep track for good reasons.
Earlier people use to think if we have processed any application with new address then INS/DOJ has our new address automatically. But I guess systems are not that properly integrated. So even if you have not send the earlier send it now.

Two days back Attorney General also announced the same.

reply from attorney...

got a reply from attorney.

-------------------
this 'new rule' no effect on green-card processing.
But "if you have moved", it's mandatory to file AR-11.
--------------------

i guess, i will just file it anyway. shouldn't hurt.

thanks guys...
later

What to mention in "My stay in US expires on"? Date on I-94 or date on H1B visa stamp

What to mention in "My stay in US expires on... "?
- Date on I-94 or date on
- Expiry date on H1B visa stamp (which same as one on H1B petition)?

Re: What to mention in "My stay in US expires on"? Date on I-94 or date on H1B visa stamp

Originally posted by gkothari
What to mention in "My stay in US expires on... "?
- Date on I-94 or date on
- Expiry date on H1B visa stamp (which same as one on H1B petition)?

It should be the Date on the LATEST I-94 form you have. Somebody correct me if iam wrong ?

--localMadras