New Information received from USCIS today!

xcapetees

Registered Users (C)
Does anyone know what this means?

After i enquired about my case that was filled in aug 2006, GC Interview, oct 2006, I was sent this letter today. It reads:

"Based on your request, we researched the status of this case. we are actively processing this case. However, we have to perform additional review on this case and this has cased a longer processing time. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6months of this letter, pls call customer service."

People, What do i do? I am in sooooo much panic right now because i am supposed to be travelling outside the country in feb for family reasons. I really don't know what to make of this letter. My interview went very well to the best of my knowledge and the IO did say to my husband and I that we had nothing to worry about. This is confusing! Any suggestions.

I have an info pass appiontment on monday but i'm even scared to go. Pls help if you know what i should do......

Were you told at your interview that your name check is back? Perhaps it is not completed. Another reason may be that your original A-file is not with the officer who interviewed you.
Reagrding travel, do you have valid AP? If not, then unfortunately February is too close to get on. Good luck with your infopass appointment on Mnoday. Keep us posted.

Thank you for your response, Triple Citizen
No, i don't have any other documetations to travel. I guess i will have to wait. My only fear is that i don't want to have to wait for six months. The IO did not even mention anything about a name check on the day of the interview. He said everything was fine and that we would receive the approval before 90 days.
Now, they want to perform additional revieww?????? That statement is very scaary to me. I'm not sure what next to expect. Do you think I will matter if i go to the info pass appointment myself without my husband?

I'm just totally confused and frustrated. My cousin got her's (gc) yesterday and she only started filling in Nov 2006. Why does mine have to be different.