New I-485 Indochina category in latest NSC processing times report

atsokbg

Registered Users (C)
I noticed that 7/15 processing times report from NSC has a new I-485 subcategory that didn't appear before: I-485 Indochina. The processing time
for this subcategory is much faster than the other ones, it is in Jan. 2003

Does anyone know what this new subcategory means?

Thanks

I-485 indochina category

Hi,

You can see that from NSC processing times report for 7/15 which is published on attorney's websites
such as murthy.com or visalaw.com

Previously there used to be separate I-485 subcategories for asylum, refugees, and employment based, now the much faster "Indochina" subcategory has been added. I am pretty sure that it wasn't there before.

curious .....

Hey any idea what this indochina category is all about ......very curious to know ......

Thanks , for posting link. may be some senior experienced members may try to study this category further and provide some details.

I doubt

there must be something wrong or typo, at least the date 1-8-03. according to the approved number of H-1 these years, the population of employment-based 485 is mostly from India and China... too good to be true! if INS can move on a tiny bit every month, i will thank them a lot! I hate to see the date 8-22-01!:confused:

IndoChina does not mean India or China, but countries like Burma,Vietnam,Laos etc which used to be called IndoChina during the colonial period.

This category has nothing to do with the employment based immigration (EB#). there's a separate category for employment based 485 .

I-485 Asylum**** 4/1/99
I-485 Refugee****^ 8/22/01
I-485 EB ****^ 8/22/01
I-485 HRIFA ****^/Indochina 1/11/00 /1/8/03

It is in the same row as HRIFA according to immigration-law.com.

BTW, what is HRIFA?

Used

This is for old War veterens. Indo China means all the countries in Vicinity of India/China and Indian ocean.

Here's the explanation:

From www.immigration-law.com

Updated 12/26/2002: INS Final Rules for I-485 for Certain Nationals of Vietnam, Cambodia, and Laos

The INS has released two final rules today relating to the above-entitled subject. The first rule provides for the adjustment of status for certain aliens from Vietnam, Cambodia, and Laos. Eligible applicants must have been physically present in the United States both prior to and on October 1, 1997, and inspected and into the United States before October 1, 1997, either from Vietnam under the Orderly Departure Program, from a refugee camp in East Asia, or from a displaced persons camp administered by the United Nations in Thailand. This rule establishes eligibility, evidence, and application and adjudication procedures. Starting January 27, 2003, aliens who believe they are eligible may apply for permanent residence under section 586. This rule also adds a new section in the regulations that lists the types of evidence an alien may use to demonstrate his or her physical presence in the United States on a specific date. This regulation will take effect on January 27, 2003.
The second rule provides for waiver of inadmissibility on certain criminal grounds for these eligible aliens. The second rule is published in the Interim Rule .....

atsokbg

I think we have to revise our History - 101 course. Indochina IS NOT India and China. It is another way of colonial name giving just to group people from Asia in-order control and exploits them.

Regards,