New H4 visa stamp

nkv

Registered Users (C)
Hi friends,
My current H1 visa stamp is valid till May'2005. I plan to travel to India(Chennai) during Nov-Dec time frame for my marriage. Would there be any problems with regard to H4 visa stamping wrt to the fact my visa expiring on May'2005? (I plan to come back to the US and then apply for H1&H4 visa extension throuh my company)

And should my spouse go for a personal interview by booking appoitment at TTservices ? What documents are necessary ? And should I be present for her H4 visa stamping ?

Regards,
nkv

nkv said:
Hi friends,
My current H1 visa stamp is valid till May'2005. I plan to travel to India(Chennai) during Nov-Dec time frame for my marriage.
Would there be any problems with regard to H4 visa stamping wrt to the fact my visa expiring on May'2005?
----No problem becase of your H1 expiring on May'2005
(I plan to come back to the US and then apply for H1&H4 visa extension throuh my company)
----- that is correct
And should my spouse go for a personal interview by booking appoitment at TTservices ? What documents are necessary ?
---others will reply or search past threads
And should I be present for her H4 visa stamping ?
---- Your Presence Not needed
Regards,
nkv

Hi,

1. There should not be ant problems in H4 stamping beacuse of your H1 expiry in May 2005.

2. Extension for H1&H4 can be taken up in US, but atart the process early to avoid problems.

3. It is mandatory for your spouse to go for interview at US Consulate. For detailed info. on Documents required for stamping visit TTS Services website(http://www.ttsvisas.com/) & US Embassy site(www.usembassy.state.gov/chennai) also. All details are avilable.

4. Presence of the spouse on H1 is not required.

IAF2004