New Green Card Actually Green!

The part that I like the most is 'Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) allows inspectors to read unique, 192-bit serial number (192-bits) from a distance and link the information to the personal data on file'. It will tell immigration officer that you are POE before you actually get there.
Dont know if it starts transmiting the minute the plane land is united states. I love technology.

Actually the RFID is the worst part about it. Somebody can read the information remotely while it is in your pocket, unless you have it wrapped in foil or something metallic.

Actually the RFID is the worst part about it. Somebody can read the information remotely while it is in your pocket, unless you have it wrapped in foil or something metallic.

If it is well designed, RFID should just store an encrypted number which is deciphered in CIS's computers. That way, anyone who can read, first has to decrypt and then pull data from computers. But many software designers assume "invincibility" and load a boatload of data on the ID. It will be interesting to see the news on this over the next couple of years.

I know that the last time I entered the u.s, my passport wasn't opened since the officer was already looking at his screen when I walked up.