New Form I-131 & EAD

srinu_gc

Registered Users (C)
Hello Everyone,

I am a new member from Michigan. I applied for I-140/I-485/EAD in Aug 2003. I did not apply for AP at that time and would like to do it now. I have a few questions on the new I-131 form:

(i) Class of Admission: My wife entered the country on H4 and is presently on H1. What class of admission should I enter for her?

(ii) In Part 7 what should I write for "Please explain how you qualify for an advance parole document and what circumstances warrant issuance of advance parole?" I have my I-485 pending, should I still attach a separate sheet with expanation?

(iii) I understand that separate checks have to be attached for each application. However, can I send my wife's application and mine in one envelope so that they get entered in the system almost at the same time?

Thanks in advance for your help.

(i) H4
(ii) Just explain in a separate sheet of paper, what is you r status with USCIS and why do you need AP.
(iii) Can send in one envelope.

(iii) I understand that separate checks have to be attached for each application. However, can I send my wife's application and mine in one envelope so that they get entered in the system almost at the same time?

----- I prefer to send in separate envelopes the reason behind this is that USCIS is expert in sending Husband EAD or AP with Wife photographs. Mail in separate envelopes or put your photographs in separate small envelope in the main envelope and on small envelope and back side of photographs write the name and A# with pencil

* much better to send separate envelopes so that they dont mix up photographs or print wrong name with diffrent A#

class of admission?

If I was F1 enterring US and then changed to H1B (reenter in US). Should I put F1 or H1B in the class of admission column in the form I-131?

Thanks!
Victwz

F1

AND write in the cover letter that you entred on F1 on dateXYZ on POE ABC and your AOS or I-485 is pending, you have to attach the copy of I-485 pending,

write your name , adress, A#, DOB, pending I-485 # at top on Cover letter
then in bold letters " Form I-131 for Advance Parole"

and list the documents attached for AP, sign the cover letter with date

peculiar situation

I have a peculiar situation, I had applied for my spouse's I-485 as follow to join in feb,2003. we did not receive any receipt notice for her but she got her ead and ap and we got her src number. I did not realise until now that we did not receive her 485 receipt notice until now as I have to apply for ap renewal.Incidentally she also got her finger printing done after 2 months of applying and I have not so far.(rd 11/02)
Any suggestions as what to do, the bcis website for 485 does not say that the notice was mailed either , all it says

'On June 11, 2003, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.
'

update

I was told by my attorney that some cases have been like mine because we applied when the fees for .A.P was reduced I think during February 2003 for just one month and then they reverted back to the old fee,
any suggestions are welcome, I will call BCIS tomorrow and hopefully have an update.