New fiscal year starts in a couple of

gheewalabhai888

Registered Users (C)
days. Has anyone heard anything about INS officially getting back to opening EB 485 after 2 months of religious worker break?

ghee,

I485 adjudications have been taking place in fact, albeit at a reduced rate. NSC is expected to pick up the I485 pace, but there are a couple of things to consider:

1. They have always dissapointed us in the past.
2. The special registration dates are approaching. WHen we went for registration last year, we were told that this was an annual requirement until one's Permanent Residency was approved. The last time around, NSEERS took up a good chunk of their resources. It's difficult to say what will happen this year. Are they even going to require it? I'm not sure although I would have shown up had my I485 not been adjuficated.

anyone else have information?

rgds
sadiq

Special registration, hopefully, should not impact the service centers. Can it??

We have certainly seen some approvals during the last few months. May be just a few EB cases each week. Let's see if this picks up speed this month. I am hoping we should start seeing more approvals starting Nov-Dec or may be Jan 04 after the holidays.

Also, if the strategy is to increase the number of people to work on this "product line", don't they have to ask the current people to train the new people? If this is the case, we will see an initial slow-down, followed by some strange requests (assuming rookies make more mistakes) and then eventually an increased speed. But hey, who knows, maybe by that time, some of them will be pulled again for other stuffs...:D :D

Sorry to be so pessimistic.... I do hope you guys are right.

But ghee the way you, funky_junky and others were compiling stats about 485 does mean that some activity is going on. Correct??

yes, only 99% on the rfe front, though.

I don't understand why they have only rfe's if there are some obvious applications that don't need further evidence. Their formula has changed and these rfe activities are hard to assume continuous ones. well, there is something going on, I should say.

Guys, it does not help if "some" I485 activity is going on, other than helping the lucky few who got approved in the last two months.

I would rather see no activity at all in EB I485s for a month or two, than BCIS dragging our cases with "some" activity for 5-6 months (years ??).

If they continue working at this pace can anybody even imagine how long it will take them to get to lets say mid 02 filers ?

And these days the first thing they do is RFE a case, by the time our company liers and lawyers send a reply back, it takes 1-2 months. In lot of cases, our FP expires by that time.

I mean, we better start signing those petitions on these portals, calling congressmens etc. Lets not just be happy with "some" activity going on at BCIS.

Not to let everybody down, but while we are cheerfully sending "Happy New Year" card to Nebraska, keep in mind that the annual audit at each service center is on its way soon, and you know as I know what that means ...

I thot that the annual audit takes place before the end of the fiscal year.

Also, when this news of diverting the EB I485 resources was first reported at immigration-law.com, they also reported that annual audit at NCSC was going on at that time.

Ghee & Wandergirlus

Ghee & Sadiq:
I honestly feel that there would no increase in the pace atleast until January or February - becos although the fiscal year starts, they'd be busy with the holidays(man! they get a reason/excuse everytime). Plus the spillovers from the R quota which was supposed to be completed by today.
So just keep our fingers crossed I guess - but hey did you guys also think about one of their old stories which almost all of us forgot lately - that they were training some new people to specially adjucate the 485 cases to increase the pace - what happened to that?

Wandergirlus:
Whats up with this audit? - so with the audit report, do they really make the necessary changes for next year at all? I mean, if they really did that - maybe more of us should sign the petition and send it to them - atleast we can be sure it will somewhere all the way down in their priority list.

-MrCoolz
RD: 11/27/02