New Email Campaign - Unfair 485 Processing

isGCtheKey?

Registered Users (C)
Members - Per below (use your own individual case) the VSC forum members have started to send emails to the ombudsman at USCIS as he is supposed to report to congress by June 30th.

Please read post for details : http://boards.immigrationportal.com...861&postcount=4

OMBUDSMAN: ciso@dhs.gov
Prakash Khatri: prakash.khatri@dhs.gov

In my opinion if the members of this board send their individual experience to them we may see some impact.

Thanks
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Respected Sir,

I filed my 485 application in the 1st week of October 2002 and have completed my fingerprinting in the 2nd week of December of 2002. Also per the FBI office my name check was cleared on the 29th of December 2002.

Since them I have applied for 3 Employment authorization cards and Advance Parole documents in order to work legally in the US and maintain my status. My H1B visa has expired in July 2003. This is impacting me severely in my ability to make economic as well as social decisions for my family.

It is with great frustration I have to write this email to you about the processing of the cases. It is not being done in a fair manner. There are applications that have been filed in early 2003 to late May 2003 that are being processed and approved while immigrants like me and also immigrants who filed a year before me are still waiting for their cases to be touched. This is totally unfair.

I request you to look in this matter urgently.
Regards

I am about to send the email right now. However I am not sure how we will prove that cases later than Oct 2002 (for eg) have started getting approved. I mean when I talk to my attorney she tells me that Nebraska is still processing Dec, 2001 cases. So all we can do is wait till processing dates reach Oct 2002. Maybe the USCIS will say the same thing.

Does anyone think this will be effective at all ??

RD Oct 15, 2002
ND Oct 31, 2002
FP1 Dec 5, 2002
FP2 ??
RFE ??
AD ??

Hi Puneet,

My case is exactly same as yours. (ND Oct 31 ,FP Dec).I have note recived any 2nd FP or RFE. is there any resons to be worried?.

Hi Blessu.

I am not sure if we need to be conerned or not. The worrying thing is that a lot of Nov and Dec 2002 filers have also got 2FP notice or RFE. Some have been approved already.
I had started a 2nd FP tracker last week and almost all the people who responded had received FP2 or RFE. There was probably 1 user who did not with dates similar to ours. Now with you it makes 2 users plus me.

I did check with attorney and she didnt seem conerned at all. She said they will only send you FP2 once they start processing your file. According to her it is still a long way to go as they are processing Dec 2001 right now. But the frustrating thing is that there is a lot of activity for ND later than ours. Then why is it that our files are not getting touched. We dont want our cases to be processed after 3 years. Do we ?? :confused: