new development from BCIS accdg. to Murthy

noginoypi

Registered Users (C)
I was monitoring the Monday Murthy chat and found this interesting:

sun: Hi Ms. Murthy:Is there a chance that BCIS headquarters will issue a rule stating that a person with I-485 pending for over 180 days should obtain the I-485 approval ?

Murthy: Yes, I personally spoke to Efren Hernandez last week. He promised me that BCIS will release such a memo by this Friday,July 11,2003.I expect somethnig to be release by a week or two.The Memo or guidance will require BCIS to issue an approval of if the I-140 has been approved and the I-485 has been pending in excess of 180 days

i would watch the "should"

"should be approved" may not imply
"should be immediately approved"

( Glass is half empty :
may mean something like an I-140 revocation at that
stage should not prevent subsequent-wheneever-the-hell-itmay-be approval )

Otherwise it will be un-f***g-believably fabulous

Hey Guys,

Why don't we look at Murthy's note as a positive sign we have always wanted to hear? At least it will lower our stress level for few days, Right Silly Man ?

What happens to the Quota?

If BCIS sends an approval on the basis of such "new rule", then the Green card Quota has no meaning.....all the 10K applicants will receive GC overnight.....

Too Good to be true.

What happens to the all the security checks implemented by BCIS ?? If BCIS issues an approval by default to any "Criminal", then onus will be on Bush gov....Bush will not gamble...for re-election.
:confused:

I checked Murhty's chat archives. Except Today's chat( if there was one, its not posted yet), there was no such discussion. This is such a big news that Murhty would have probably posted on their main page instead of slipping it in a chat.

It is in todays' chat at Murthy's and it took me a while to type it as I cannot do cut and paste of the said Q & A.

Can you send a URL to that page? I cant find it.
With this ruling there is no meaning to EADs. Its enough if you just carry a receipt that is more than 6 months old.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by noginoypi
Hey Guys,

Why don't we look at Murthy's note as a positive sign we have always wanted to hear? At least it will lower our stress level for few days, Right Silly Man ?

I am really really skeptic of this being true. But then again, if they ever wanna reduce the backlog, this is the only way to do it ..

I think IF there is a ruling of any sort, it will come with a joinder to it that will make it not so fun. like ..

You are GC holder for the next 5 years then u gotta go
You can be gc holder if you go serve in the army
You are GC holder yea, but ... really not coz .. blah blah
Some other kinda shit .. these people are capable of anything.

Well if it doesn't then imagine the plastic card backlog it'd create, then citizenship application backlog 5 years later .. it'd be a mess either way ..

But damn I wish it's true.

I'm not sure how long it takes them at Murthy's to upload the chat for today (7/7/03). I cannot give you the URL for today's chat at Murthy's since I don't know how that stuff works.What I do know is either you have to take my word for today or wait for few more days to satisfy your curiousity ;)

noginoypi, this is not funny

noginoypi, This is not funny. There are some very trouble ppl in this room .. I hope what ever you said is true. :confused: :rolleyes:

Could this be true?

I will wait till I see it happen before I believe, however I did pick this from Murthy's last chat session at the end of last month.

"Chat User : Hello. I’m on H-1 visa status. My spouse applied for I-140 / I-485. I got EAD but no approval for I-140. Is it ok to switch to H-4 if I lose my job?

Attorney Murthy : As I tell people, if one has no choice at all, like losing a job, one has to switch to any other status which will enable the person to live or work legally in the U.S. There is a chance that the BCIS Headquarters will issue a rule stating that a person with the I-485 pending for over 180 days should obtain the I-485 approval if the I-140 gets approved. If the I-140 is ultimately denied, I believe there is a risk, even if one is with the same sponsoring employer and has allowed the H1B status to expire."

Note the statement "There is a chance that the BCIS Headquarters will issue a rule stating that a person with the I-485 pending for over 180 days should obtain the I-485 approval if the I-140 gets approved."

So maybe todays chat was clarifying this comment.

Lets wait and see.

Come on guys why don't we amuse and consoles ourselves for a while with this thing from Murthy.Just like some of you, i do check my case status online and it makes me feel good today knowing that beyond the 180 days of my I-485 application, I won't get any " 485 denied" response from BCIS.