New Delhi - CP - October Cases

rseth123

Registered Users (C)
Guys

I am creating this new thread for New Delhi October updates.

Few questions for gurus:

Last night I received the appointment letter from New Delhi embassy for the interview scheduled on October 20th .

1. Just confirming that for employement based cases I need only I-134 notarised as a affitdavit of support for my wife not I-864... Am I right?

2. Also printed my bank statement from the internet. Is that okay?

Thanks
Rseth

Thanks Alren...WOW you are still an active member...dont worry next yr we will nominate you India Abroad person of the year. :)

alren said:
1, Yes
2, Yes. Most likely you would not even need it.

rseth123 said:
Thanks Alren...WOW you are still an active member...dont worry next yr we will nominate you India Abroad person of the year. :)
Uh! PLEASE don't ... :eek: :confused: :cool:

DS-230 supplie by Consulate

Hi,

Is it compulsory to use the DS-230 forms supplied along with Packet 4 from the consulate or can one use the PDF file from the web site?

If is easy to edit the PDF file and a take printout of it instead of filling the forms given by the consulate.

Please advice.

Thanks and Regards

SM

sm_delhi said:
Hi,

Is it compulsory to use the DS-230 forms supplied along with Packet 4 from the consulate
No
or can one use the PDF file from the web site?
Yes
If is easy to edit the PDF file and a take printout of it instead of filling the forms given by the consulate.
Yes it is easy to fill the PDF and print it out.

Alren and Other Gurus,

My lawyer confused me about copies of tax returns.

I have transcripts from IRS from 2000 to 2003 and all the W2's for the same period.

Do I still need a copy of tax return. I filed all the tax return from turbo tax online software and I dont have copy of them.

Alren:
Any news from GCHope, I think his interview was scheduled sometime in the second week of sep?

Thanks
Ritesh

You should be OK. Also, as in my case, they might not even ask for it.

But it would be good to see if you can get the copies from your software as backup.

New to Consular Processing Forum

Guys,

I am new to this forum. Just got Federal Labor certified. Need to know:
1. the process of Consular Processing
2. how much time is it taking from this stage where I am right now to get CP date.

Eager to read what gurus have to say....

May be u can answer

:confused: Hey do u have any idea how long its taking to sponsor spouse since I'm us citizen I'll be greatfull to u if answer my question
thanx

Guys

For medical to me it sounds like everyone went to Dr. Jain but on the US Embassy, New Delhi website Dr Jain name is not listed... Any idea ???

hello rseth123, do u have any idea what is the complete procedure to call my husband to US currently he is in India and I'm US citizen could u please advise in this matter .
Thanx

Sorry !! I am not aware of this procedure but I think there is something called "K" visa, he can come on that file for the GC application.

Alren and other may answer this question more appropriately.

Rseth

samina786 said:
hello rseth123, do u have any idea what is the complete procedure to call my husband to US currently he is in India and I'm US citizen could u please advise in this matter .
Thanx

Estimated time from today

Gurus of this forum,

Help me in this. The Federal labor is approved, now I can either opt for CP or AOS.

In CP I-140 approval: 10 months (NSC is reviewing Dec 03 cases)
CP time till date set up: 7 months
Total of 17 months estimate

In AOS: I-140 approval: 10 months (NSC is reviewing Dec 03 cases)
I-485 approval: 2 yrs and 7 months (NSC is reviewing Feb 02 cases)
Total of 3 yrs and 5 months estimate

Are cases going towards CP treated differently when I-140 approval comes. Is my time calculation correct on CP and AOS.

CP is compartively faster and your calculations are right.

In AOS case, after your I140 approval, you can use AC21 to switch employers but in CP case you are at employers will, till the time you get your green card ...and few more months after GC for showing the intention of working with him.

so it's an individual's call to select one of these.

Rseth

Salani said:
Gurus of this forum,

Help me in this. The Federal labor is approved, now I can either opt for CP or AOS.

In CP I-140 approval: 10 months (NSC is reviewing Dec 03 cases)
CP time till date set up: 7 months
Total of 17 months estimate

In AOS: I-140 approval: 10 months (NSC is reviewing Dec 03 cases)
I-485 approval: 2 yrs and 7 months (NSC is reviewing Feb 02 cases)
Total of 3 yrs and 5 months estimate

Are cases going towards CP treated differently when I-140 approval comes. Is my time calculation correct on CP and AOS.