New CSC Excuse: TPS Program Extension for El Salvador

Silly Man

Volunteer moderator
07/11/2003: TPS Program Extension for El Salvador

The BCIS has announced that it will public the federal register next week to extend the El Salvador TPS. Temporary Protected Status (TPS) for El Salvador will be extended for an additional 18-months until March 9, 2005. This TPS extension, which covers approximately 290,000 Salvadoran registrants, will take effect September 9, 2003 until March 9, 2005. The BCIS will provide additional information and answers to frequently asked questions upon publication of the notice in the Federal Register next week. Re-registration applications will not be accepted before the registration period officially begins.

Damn, I don't even know where El Salvador is.

central america...

GO ILLEGAL is what dopes like us on this board should be doing ! None of those benefitting from the TPS will be anything other than a public charge..instead of waiting for 485 s and worring about iEADs and I-94s we too could try slipping in across the border or swiming over from cuba or just plain start driving taxis illegally until the next amnesty comes in..then get the green card.

If a processing deadline is extended then it is not a problem immediately, It becomes a problem only couple of months before the deadline expiry.

-PCee

That's true but the BCIS needs and uses any sort of excuse it can get.

I just met a family which applied for asylum. Dad works in an ethnic restaurant and gets paid most of the wages "under the table". Their family is thus classifed as low-income and govt takes care of everything. Their rent is subsidized and all of their children get free rides through school & college. They don't have any medical insurance and the govt takes care of their medical bills and most of the cost of their medicines. The wife told me that they enrolled in a medical program that is only available to asylees, GC' holders and citizens! After a couple of drinks the dad told me that they didn't have sort of persecution in their home country and asylum was the only way to immigrate to the US. He came here illegally.

p.s I am not trying to imply that everybody that applies for asylum or works in an ethnic restaurant is that way

Last edited by a moderator:
The message is clear .....

We dont need immigrants typing on computer keyboards anymore. If you want to stay here, come back as illegal immigrants and work in farms or slaughter houses ..... get your GC, even Citizenship ....

El Salvador TPS indeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

brokenarrow

You are damn right.

the current gov is playboy and farmers' gov, they know cow better than computer. I don't think there any hope for us, actually I think USA has no hope too if this situation continues.

I dont need a gc that bad man, I got a not too bad life waiting for me back home. Worst comes to worst, I go home, and all are happy.:cool:

PERFECT

DO you know why EL Slv is more important to BCIS than 485s ?

BCIS needs FIRST the information about all the people staying here in US.
They got ours including FPs.
So they are more interested in getting info of other.

Semms LOGICAL haan ? :D:D
from their side it is perfect !