New Citizen

pmvl

Registered Users (C)
pd july 17th 2003
fp oct 9th 2003
( due to insufficent funds i sent 260.00 instaed of 310.00)
jan 31 2003 case dissapear from ins web site

interview may 18th 2004
oath june 14th 2004
Today my oath was scheduled for 9:00am i got there at 8:45 everything was on time.
from start to finish 1 hour at 10am i was a citizen with certificate in hand.
Went to passport office and applied for passports for my daughter and I which i received in 5 hours.
Due to the fact i will be traveling this week. :) :p :p

Congratulations, pmvl.

Did you apply for your daughter's passport on the basis of your naturalization alone? I am assuming your daughter was a PR under 18. If so, what documents did they want? Thanks.

I noticed your query about N-600K. Did you use this form? Or did you apply for your new baby? Thanks and congrats.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes i did apply on the basis of naturalization.
My daugthter is 13 and has a resident card.
for the passport I just submitted the PR card ,her french passport, birthcertificate.
My son which is 3 has no resident card so i will definitly have to file a n-600k form.
I did not bother to file for my daughter the n-600 today because the line was quite long.
Since i am a citizen now that was allo that was needed.
Maybe tomorrow i will return to ins office and file the n-600k for my soon before leaving this week to johannesberg. ;)
oh the new baby is 1 month old and is an American. Born In The U.S.A

Thank you pmvl for a detailed reply.

I wondered whether it was necessary for you to submit your daughter's French passport. There is no requirement for this on DS-11. Birth Certificate and Green Card, yes.

Your new baby is of course a USC. I was thinking whether you applied for her passport. ;)

Passport

Passport in 5 hours – how did it work? You handed in the documents at the Passport Agency and came back after five hours to pick up the passports?
Did you have to show your airline tickets?
How much did you pay?

Have a safe trip to S.A.

I had scheduled 2 appointments days inadvance on the phone at the passport office, the same day as my oath .I gave my citizenship paper, airline ticket, 2 photos $145.00 adult, 140.00 for children.
this includes the expedite serviceof 120.00 for 2 passports.