New Centralized Background Check Systems to Reduce Backlog

forum_addict

Registered Users (C)
Check out http://www.immigration-law.com/ .....breakingnews section....under the heading

12/05/2006: USCIS Proposes to Operate Centralized Background Check Systems to Reduce Backlogs Effective 01/03/2007

this seems like there may be some good news next year for people stuck in background checks...let's hope for the best.....

Another thing to add more delays

eb1_nsc said:
Thanks for posting it forum_addict; Hope this removes the bottleneck.

Hello All,
This scares me a lot because, I have seen such changes happening for duration of my case and every step added more delay....

When they started working my labor certificate, they moved everything from RIR to Non-RIR.

Some how I got labor, then when they started working on my I-140, every thing moved from CSC to TSC.

Now, when my case is current for 485 approvals, this thing comes up again...

In every step, I faced delay...very much bothering....
thanks,
Sri

Wow!!! you are not the only one. When I filed my first labor in NJ, I discovered all the undocumented workers had beat me to it(they all seemed to be working in NY/NJ) Oct 2002, if filed.

Second labor through another company in Delaware. For some reason delaware slowed down oct 2003 onwards(due to my ill-luck everybody got delayed)

Then I filed through another in NC(at least the state labor was only a month away) end of Oct 2004. This slowed down suddenly.

Then I came to know that EB-3 is going to be retrogressed so I filed through Maine Dec 2004 EB2. Before my case could be touched it was sent to BEC

Finally all these labors went to back-log elemination centers. As soon as I used to file a case in state it used to start getting back-logged.

Finally I got a pre-approved labor of 2002 March and filed it in April 2005 got I-140 approved in 3 weeks(EB-2).

As soon as I filed 485 in mid 2005, EB2 also got retrogressed.

I think I beat you in having ill-luck.

--Naveen Oshos

Sri_know said:
Hello All,
This scares me a lot because, I have seen such changes happening for duration of my case and every step added more delay....

When they started working my labor certificate, they moved everything from RIR to Non-RIR.

Some how I got labor, then when they started working on my I-140, every thing moved from CSC to TSC.

Now, when my case is current for 485 approvals, this thing comes up again...

In every step, I faced delay...very much bothering....
thanks,
Sri

forum_addict said:
Check out http://www.immigration-law.com/ .....breakingnews section....under the heading

12/05/2006: USCIS Proposes to Operate Centralized Background Check Systems to Reduce Backlogs Effective 01/03/2007

this seems like there may be some good news next year for people stuck in background checks...let's hope for the best.....
New hope...
USCIS knows better

assur said:
New hope...
USCIS knows better
As of 01OCT06, there are 4904 GC pending cases waiting for investigations results from 26 external agencies to be adjudicated by USCIS. Mine is included. :rolleyes:

Not sure if it will help us!!!

I think this is just a consolidated place to keep all the results received from the various checks...but the checks themselves are the major bottlenecks.

for example the FBI name check takes on an average (forget what they say about 98% cases done in 3 ays or less !!!) takess more than 15 months. It is still going to take that kind of time

the only advantage of this system is that once the results are in there is a central place to keep those records and Hopefully they dont get misplaced (which is a real concern). Also when an officer reviews an application there is one place where he can go to see the all results of external checks!!!

From that viewpoint I dont think we should raise our hopes that the backlogs/bottlenecks would be dramatically reduced going forward in the new year!!!

I concur !!!

supply_demand said:
I think this is just a consolidated place to keep all the results received from the various checks...but the checks themselves are the major bottlenecks.

for example the FBI name check takes on an average (forget what they say about 98% cases done in 3 ays or less !!!) takess more than 15 months. It is still going to take that kind of time

the only advantage of this system is that once the results are in there is a central place to keep those records and Hopefully they dont get misplaced (which is a real concern). Also when an officer reviews an application there is one place where he can go to see the all results of external checks!!!

From that viewpoint I dont think we should raise our hopes that the backlogs/bottlenecks would be dramatically reduced going forward in the new year!!!

What gives me hope is the following in the memo:
"This system supports USCIS's initiatives to
reduce immigration benefit/petition case backlog and provide
significant efficiencies
in vetting and resolving the background checks
that are required for USCIS benefits. "

I don't think this will help much

supply_demand said:

I agree with you. This announcement just seems to talk about a system for storing background check results and doesn't say anything about speeding up the checks themselves. I think the part about this system helping in reducing the backlog is meaningless. Just like the agencies can get away with almost anything in the name of "national security", I think the USCIS may be using the term "backlog reduction" to get funding/approval for projects, even if they don't directly contribute to reducing the backlog

rduman said:
I agree with you. This announcement just seems to talk about a system for storing background check results and doesn't say anything about speeding up the checks themselves. I think the part about this system helping in reducing the backlog is meaningless. Just like the agencies can get away with almost anything in the name of "national security", I think the USCIS may be using the term "backlog reduction" to get funding/approval for projects, even if they don't directly contribute to reducing the backlog

this system is just forinternal use of USCIS but it doesn't address the problem of pending name check. this problme is in the hand of fbi and not uscis. so this program doesn't change anything really. it is all gymics.