New canadian pr and h-1b stamping

aguf

Registered Users (C)
hello all,

I would greatly appreciate if somebody can give me advise on the following situation.

1. I am an Indian citizen and was on F-1 visa till Dec 2003 and then changed my status to H-1b (I have valid I-94 and I-767 but no visa stamp on the passport)
2. Recently I was approved for canadian PR and I got 'immigrant visa' for Canada stamped on my passport. I have to go to canada till Mar 2005.

But I have become nervous and worried because people I interacted with told me that you will have difficulty in getting an H-1 B visa.

If somebody has gone thru this experience please advise me.

Also will it be a safe bet to go to canada or go to India for H-1B stamping.?

Thanks a lot
AG

As your H1-B is approved then you don''t have to worry about anything. You can enter USA any number of time but at the 1st entry they will have to stamp your passport and with the new rule in place will require you to finger print.

Its good that you have a Canadian GC, better live a peacefully in canada for 3 yrs and then think about USA.
Job market is very bad for H1-B holders.

Later
Sunny

aguf said:
hello all,

I would greatly appreciate if somebody can give me advise on the following situation.

1. I am an Indian citizen and was on F-1 visa till Dec 2003 and then changed my status to H-1b (I have valid I-94 and I-767 but no visa stamp on the passport)
2. Recently I was approved for canadian PR and I got 'immigrant visa' for Canada stamped on my passport. I have to go to canada till Mar 2005.

But I have become nervous and worried because people I interacted with told me that you will have difficulty in getting an H-1 B visa.

If somebody has gone thru this experience please advise me.

Also will it be a safe bet to go to canada or go to India for H-1B stamping.?

Thanks a lot
AG

My advice is you better go to canada, Work and live there for 3 yrs and then once your a Canadian citizen you don't even need this H-1B crap. I guess u r aware about this.
H1-b market sucks