new arrival

honeysusu

Registered Users (C)
Hi, everybody:

I filed 140 & 485 concurrently in Nov 2003 in Nebraska. Got EAD approved in Jan and finger print done in May. Still waiting for my 140. The receipt date is 11/25/03. Recently I ran a sample test (sample size is around 160). Out of 99% of the non approved cases are received on 11/25/03 in my sample test range. which includes some 765 and 181 that should not taking more than 60-90 days. I know people who filed later than this date have got their 485 approved. Really worried. Anyone in the same boat can share info with me?

Presently the slow pace of approval is because of NSC stopping 140 approvals and waiting to approve 140 and 485 applications concurrently.Last week we saw a couple of approvals for Sept and Oct.Although the pace of NSC is extremely slow,if you filed in Nov ,I think you should see your concurrent approval sometime by around Jan-Feb 2005 ,of course nothing is certain with NSC.....

honeysusu said:
Hi, everybody:

I filed 140 & 485 concurrently in Nov 2003 in Nebraska. Got EAD approved in Jan and finger print done in May. Still waiting for my 140. The receipt date is 11/25/03. Recently I ran a sample test (sample size is around 160). Out of 99% of the non approved cases are received on 11/25/03 in my sample test range. which includes some 765 and 181 that should not taking more than 60-90 days. I know people who filed later than this date have got their 485 approved. Really worried. Anyone in the same boat can share info with me?

Hi Honeysusu,

I am in a similar situation as you are. My 140 filing date is Nov. 24th '03 and 485 Filing date is Jan 24th '04. Still no approval for either of 'em.
Playing the waiting game.......

i'm really in a hard situation to make my decision. my husband moved last year due to job moving but i have to stay here in chicago to wait my 140 to be approved. we didn't think it's gonna take so long to get 140 approved at the beginning. now my lease for the apartment is ended in Oct and i don't know whether i shall find another place to start a 6 month lease or stay at my friend's house for couple months (because it may be approved less than 6 month). besides, I am really get tired of flying out every single weekend. Sometimes I really want to give it up and leave.

I guess, you need to keep your bags stashed away for another 2 to 3 months before you see things moving in a favourable direction. Think positively as we might not be able to gain a lot being depresed. Just a suggestion.......

pandeyraj:

thank you for your advice. i think i may contact the local congressman for some help if i can't see any progress by month end. this is really disturbing for the nebraska center keeps changing their processing time for 140. for 9/15/03 to 12/11/03 now it's back to 8/30/03. what's wrong with them?!

hi honeysusu,

I am in same situation as u are. My husband has moved to a different city because of his job.
I am also waiting for my I-140 though mine might take a while. ( rd- March'04).
Hopefully yours wont take that long. hang in there.....
Hopefully Nsc starts doing I-140 approvals soon..
goodluck!!!

Hi honeysusu,
I feel very sorry for you. May be of any console, my receipt date is Nov7th 03. Forget I-140 and I am still waiting for my advance parole and my H1B is expired just yesterday (waiting for H1B renewal approval). Now I cant even think about going out of this country for any reasons, either businness or personal, even in case of emergencies. ...
Just lets hope for the best and wait. The good days are ahead.....

regards

honeysusu said:
pandeyraj:

thank you for your advice. i think i may contact the local congressman for some help if i can't see any progress by month end. this is really disturbing for the nebraska center keeps changing their processing time for 140. for 9/15/03 to 12/11/03 now it's back to 8/30/03. what's wrong with them?!
the best way to get these guys to work is by calling your local congressmen, only than they take things seriously or else they just keep delaying cases , changing processing dates etc.