New Ark Passpor stamping how long does it take to get greencard?

amurat

Registered Users (C)
I have done my pssportstamping at the begining of April and still waiting for my greencard ? no change in LUD? How long does it take to get the greencard after passport staping at Newark NJ office?

Please share your expereince..

thanks

AMurat

I am in same boat

I stamped my Passport in NEWARK, NJ on Apr 22nd.
I had couple of LUDs. But no GC Yet
My wife stamped on June 3rd No LUDs and No GC

amurat said:
I have done my pssportstamping at the begining of April and still waiting for my greencard ? no change in LUD? How long does it take to get the greencard after passport staping at Newark NJ office?

thanks

AMurat

Can you check the ADMISSION date on your passport stamp? It is I-485 approval date or passport stamp date? Mine is I-485 approval date. But I thought it was passport stamp date. I want to make sure that the officer did not mistake the dates.

Thank you very much in advance!!!

idm04 said:
I stamped my Passport in NEWARK, NJ on Apr 22nd.
I had couple of LUDs. But no GC Yet
My wife stamped on June 3rd No LUDs and No GC

My passport stamp was done on 05/26. sounds like i still need to wait for a while. The information that officer wrote on my passport stamp is very confusing. it reads

ADM: 05/10/05, EAC, E26
I-485 approval 05/26/05 the officer's signature

However my I-485 approval date is 05/10/05 (NOT 05/26/05). I wonder whether the officer mistakenly switch the approval date and the admission date. I hope the 05/26/05 refers to the date of signature.

Can you share what is your admission date on your passport stamp???

Thanks

amurat said:

thanks

AMurat

I went to Newark this morning. The officer told me that they will fill all the files being sent to VSC in a box. The box will not be shipped until it is full. It could take several months before it is full. That is why some people get GC much faster than others: they get the passport stamp when the box is almost full. You probably did the stamp right after they shipped the previous box.

shipping does not cost a lot of money. why didn't they ship the files, say, every week??? the answer is, why should they?
This is what happens to government agencies. however stupidly they handle things, no one cares.

Hello ZYU,

I have an infopasss appointment for this month end in Newark, I am wondering what documents did the INS officer ask you to submit or any other things I should be aware before going for stamping .... your input is appreciated.

Thanks,
Ravi.

RAVICHAND1 said:
Hello ZYU,

I have an infopasss appointment for this month end in Newark, I am wondering what documents did the INS officer ask you to submit or any other things I should be aware before going for stamping .... your input is appreciated.

Thanks,
Ravi.

I-94, passport, approval, photos. they also asked whether i had EAD or AP. I did not have these documents. i guess they just want to destroy them if i do.

PP stamped 5/11. Card received 6/4.
The admission date should be I-485 approval date, rather than PP stamping date.

reachsky

Thanks Zyu for the info. I don't think we ever understand the reasoning behind that Box stuff.

zyu said:
I-94, passport, approval, photos. they also asked whether i had EAD or AP. I did not have these documents. i guess they just want to destroy them if i do.

Thanks for your response ZYU ...

Do you have to fill in any forms that are available to us in the USCIS website?? If they are available online I just want to get them printed and take them with me rather than trying to fill the forms there ... your input is appreciated.

The approval letter indicates that USCIS takes my signature and Finger print upon my arrival at the infopass .... do they take finger prints again?

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator: