New Appointment system - Chennai

subash1977

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

As many of you might have read, TT Services is no loger there for getting appointments for H1b visa stamping at Chennai & other US consulates in india.

There is a new system where in you prepay and then get the appointment.

Does any one know the exact procedure to be followed for a person here in the US to make an appointment.? Check the new system for appointment availability?

Also, If we cancel the appointment later, is the fees prepaid refundable?

There hardly seems to be specific details available on these aspects.

I am aware of that website.
But its says pay the appointmnet fees at HDFC branches in India.

How do I do that? I am here in the US.

I hope this system is not asking someone in India to pay for me first.
Isn't there a simple easy way to make payment online etc?

Unfortunately, I think that is what they are asking for. Someone in India might have to deposit the money for you and then only you can get an appointment. You should contact VFS to get more details. I am waiting to hear from them myself.

Me too. I had posted a query in this forum earlier and haven't recd any replies yet. Also, I asked vfs-usa.co.in thru their website few weeks back and havent received a reply yet.

Also, does anybody know how to search for apptmnt availability for dec, jan..etc. The present system provides the dates for the current month!!!

Anybody with any info, pls respond.

Thanks,
RJ

kst1 said:
Unfortunately, I think that is what they are asking for. Someone in India might have to deposit the money for you and then only you can get an appointment. You should contact VFS to get more details. I am waiting to hear from them myself.
I have called up VFS myself .. yes sum1 in india has to pay 2 kinda fees ( go on the website if u need more info .. the website is very clear in wordings) once that sum1 has paid the fees , he/she will get a code .. which will be activated in 48 hrs from time of issue after which u can take an appointment online
Sareen

reply to ur question rj3280

rj3280 said:
Me too. I had posted a query in this forum earlier and haven't recd any replies yet. Also, I asked vfs-usa.co.in thru their website few weeks back and havent received a reply yet.

Also, does anybody know how to search for apptmnt availability for dec, jan..etc. The present system provides the dates for the current month!!!

Anybody with any info, pls respond.

Thanks,
RJ
dude try this email info@visa-services.com i asked a couple of questions and got a reply within 1-2 business days .. they are really good in replying
Sareen
email : sareensareen@gmail.com
Im not a lawyer but a software pro aspiring to be a lawyer sumday :)

here's my update: This for New Delhi. scanned and emailed my PP page to my Dad. He was able to deposit the money in a HDFC branch and got a receipt number/barcode number.There are 2 copies of that- one for the applicant and the other one to turn in to the US consulate during the interview. Also, there is a rush service to get your PP back after stamping. That money (INR 56) is paid when you are done with your interview. I dont have any more details on that. Hope this helps.

Guys... my state in India does not have HDFC bank, therefore in my case do my parents back in India have to send the check to the bank by mail? thanks..

Well I got a reply from VFS and they said the same thing that someone in India has to pay the fees upfront... this is a terrible system : (

Also what if I ask someone to pay, get the code, make an appointment for a date 3-4 months ahead and then"

- I decide to change the date?

or what if I decide to cancel the appointment. Now it sounds like the money is gone...

can I atleast reschedule at will? How long will that receipt code they give remain valid?...

too many questions and the VFS website is just too vague..
Man these systems are becoming a pain - day by day... :mad:

Subash,

The receipt is valid for 1 year. But I think you cannot re-schedule it.

subash1977 said:
Well I got a reply from VFS and they said the same thing that someone in India has to pay the fees upfront... this is a terrible system : (

Also what if I ask someone to pay, get the code, make an appointment for a date 3-4 months ahead and then"

- I decide to change the date?

or what if I decide to cancel the appointment. Now it sounds like the money is gone...

can I atleast reschedule at will? How long will that receipt code they give remain valid?...

too many questions and the VFS website is just too vague..
Man these systems are becoming a pain - day by day... :mad:

Guys,

I am just sharing my experiences thus far. The information is not presented correctly on the website but its somewhere there.

1) You are allowed to reschedule it once, after that you have to cancel and re-book the appointment

2) One reader has said no dates available in Nov/Dec. Its true, in Chennai next available dates are in Feb 2006. But, when someone cancels an appointment, then I guess you can book it. Which depends on your luck and also how soon you see it.

3) For people going from here on H1 and want to return back for work, you can schedule an "Emergency Appointment". You can also schedule it in any of the four consulates

4) The website says, H4's who were already in US and gone to India for vacation can go to any of the 4 consulates. This is what I am trying for my wife now. Booked in Delhi consulate, will let you guys know how it worked out

5) IMPORTANT: When you get the receipt#, you can logon to the website and create the applications (DS-156/157 and petition details) and save it. Then you can book your appointment whenever you like. This will be beneficial for people who are wanting appointments in Chennai. It takes atleast 1.5 hours to fill all those apps. and if you have it ready, you can book a date when its available
Remember, when you create an application it would ask

"resident of India" or "An Indian citizen resident in the US"

If you choose the second, then you have the choice of choosing which consulate. Please see the link below, where it describes what "resident" means. Scroll to the end of the page

http://www.vfs-usa.co.in/ApplnForms/RulesAndFees/ConsularDistrict.aspx

If you choose the first option and enter the resident state, then it automatically chooses the consular district for you.

6) Also, when you are trying to confirm an appointment online, please choose a PC that has Acrobat 6.0 higher installed and its connected to a printer.

7) When you are filling DS-156/157 and saving the form, a printer/acrobat is not necessary. Don't print the form after you fill it online. Does not print that well.

8) After the appointment confirmation, you can print the forms, download it to your hard disk. There is also an option, which would email you the link from which the documents can be downloaded.

If I remember anything else, will post again.......

Thanks a lot for details information

Thanks for provinding detailed information. Does any one got 7th year visa got stammped from Chennai/Delhi Consulate.

Annam

I am in US, want to get my 7th year H1B extension stamped in the passport.

What is the date I can get for in person interview in Chennai?
Any specific documents for 7th year extension?

If any one recently booked online, please provide the information.

Thanks in Adv...

No specific documents. There are other threadsy which explains the docs necessary for 7th year.

go to vfs-usa.co.in website, there they have mentioned, persons returning from the US can apply in any 4 consulates and that too take an emergency appointment. chk the website for updated dates