New addition to family during I-485

Qshi

Registered Users (C)
We had a new baby during I-485. Do we need to notify INS? Our baby will automatically has valid staus? Does anyone know the answer? Thanks!

No Title

Where was your baby born ? If US - The baby is an automatic citizen / else I guess you would have to file for I-485 !

No Title

I don\'t think you need to inform the INS regarding your new baby. Because your baby will automatically become a U.S citizen.

No Title

First: Congratulations on the new addition to your family.
Dont worry about the baby! Unlike the rest of us she is a US citizen. She is all set.

No Title

Congradulation on you new baby, yes the baby is the US citizen by birth, you can get the birth ceritifcate of the baby from the office in your county, the hospital must have taken the detials for the baby from you already, they will inform the county office which will issue the birth certificate and then you take the birth certificate and appy for ssn and also go to the passport office and get the US passport, I had to do the same thing for my son who was born here and had to travel to India, his passport came in 20 days at home in the mail.

Hope this helps

No Title

Firstly, congratulations and may God bless your family. I couldn\'t agree more with Chutney and it is 100% accurate. You don\'t have to notify INS at all about this as the baby already jumped leaps over your hurdles by becoming a US Citizen by birth.

Hope this helps
BK

No Title

Hi,

can you get any visa for US if your baby is born in US?
I will give a birth to a child . Can I become a permanent resident in US as a mother of a child born in USA ?
Thanks for your help.

No Title

No. Your baby being born in the US has nothing to do with neither your status nor does it help you get permanent residency any faster. It is the same grind as anybody else....

No Title

If you are born in US, You probably would have been a High school drop out, Just kidding. Don\'t get me wrong. Look at the good side, Because of what you are going through, at the end of this process. You can tell everybody, I earned it by working hard. Think about the satisfaction you get from it.

I know it is a painful process, I am in the same boat as you are. But I never felt bad, not even for a second, and thought wish I was born in this country.