new 485 situation from vermount

krisnkris

Registered Users (C)
hi

i applied all (485,140,765,131)to gether in august month.
so far i didn't get my ead and ap.but last week they r updated web site and saying that my case(485,765,I131) was moved to local ins office from vermount and they(local ins office people) might call me to schedule an interview or they may take any decistion.

so any body got this type of response previously.

if so what to do and what will happen.

thanks
kris

You case is tranferred to a local center- to whichever center they did it to- they would have mentioned that. This is normal now-a-days- nothing negative/positive about it.
HTH

You think sb_tiger is God?

Even God wouldn't neccessarily know...Face it, we are dealing with the USCIS!

Originally posted by krisnkris
Hi sb_tiger
if u do know why and what for they transfer.
please tell me.
thanks
kris

krisnkris,

Hope the below will help you.

http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?threadid=99990

There are no specific reasons for transfers. However, based upon posts on various Internet forums, the following is observed so far as likely factors to trigger a transfer/interview (though applicability of any of the following doesn't necessarily guarantee a transfer):

1. Random "quality check" (meaning no specific reasons for transfer)

2. Married after filing I-485 (mostly to verify bona fide marriage)

3. Change of employer, residence, jurisdiction (mostly to verify AC21 related issues)

4. Positive for HIV, TB, during medical testing (mostly to verify continuing treatment)

5. National Interest Waiver based I-140 (mostly to verify if the applicant still works in the same area of national interest as argued in the pre-approved immigration petition)

6. Few EB-1 EA/OR based I-140 (mostly to check "public charge" information, meaning to verify financial self-reliability and if the employment is of EA or OR nature)

7. Not-readablity of two consecutive fingerprinting (mostly to collect police clearances)

8. "Hit" on fingerprinting (meaning if criminal record exists)

9. Applicants from countires that required special registration sometime ago

10. Non-conclusive or incomplete response to the RFE if any

The order in above list is just random and doesn't signify any hierarchy, and by no means is claimed to be complete.

Best wishes,

Jigesh

Disclaimer: Personal non-legal point of view only.

Excellent list -- jigesh
I found following from I-485 Standard Operating Procedure for a likely interview:

On a case-by-case basis, an officer may choose to relocate an I-485 for interview if he/she deems it necessary. Applications require a relocation if the officer determines:

* a need for validation for identity
* a need for validation of legal status
* questionable admissability and/or qualifications
* apparent fraud
* a second filing
* an applicant with fingerprinting rejected twice
* an applicant with medical conditions class A or B
* the A-file cannot be located at the time of adjudication