Never received the physical GC :(

GC_GC1

Registered Users (C)
Exactly two months ago I got e-mail from CRIS saying my approval notice for AOS was mailed. 3 days prior to that I got a mail from CRIS saying that welcome notice was mailed. I did get the welcome notice.
Last month I contacted customer service asking why I did not get my GC. Today I got an e-mail saying on 03/28/08 my GC was mailed and since the post office did not return it, it is considered lost and I must apply for a replacement card filling I-90 form and paying for biometrics too.
My lawyer says there is no way out.
Has anyone experienced similar unfortunate situation? Please advise.
I plan to pressurize the post office tomorrow.

Exactly two months ago I got e-mail from CRIS saying my approval notice for AOS was mailed. 3 days prior to that I got a mail from CRIS saying that welcome notice was mailed. I did get the welcome notice.
Last month I contacted customer service asking why I did not get my GC. Today I got an e-mail saying on 03/28/08 my GC was mailed and since the post office did not return it, it is considered lost and I must apply for a replacement card filling I-90 form and paying for biometrics too.
My lawyer says there is no way out.
Has anyone experienced similar unfortunate situation? Please advise.
I plan to pressurize the post office tomorrow.

what is your service center? how did you contact them? Did you call?

TSC. I called the 1-800 number on the welcome notice. Also see my updates on GC lost in mail.