Never, never, never give up!

anands26

Please don't lose heart.

We did not expect anything from the Senate Judiciary meeting on October 18th. Nor did we expect the dates to move in November Buletin.

This is not something that will be resolved overnight. Experience tells me that it gets resolved over time and after a lot of effort. The present retrogression is unprecedented. This has never been so bad for employment based visas. And nothing will help the situtation unless Congress changes laws. Believe me : nothing else at all.

We are in a lot of trouble and it will take some effort on everyone's part to get out of it. We have to work hard, try to reach Senators to get this done. It will not be easy. But it's not too difficult either. You all will have to do your part. It will take 4-6 months to get this resolved. So please don't lose heart and become all depressed by hearing little negative things.

Don't think that 'well others are working, so it will be resolved.' You do your part. Write to Senators. Congress will hear you. It will take time and effort on everyone's part. The more the noise, the better. Also the more the collective noise, the better. If some people write now, some later, that won't work. We all must write/speak to them NOW

I agree!.

It is unwise to expect the issue to be resolved very quickly, especially since DOS had already said forward movement in either Nov dates or dec will not happen.

Personally, I never expected anything to happen on oct-18. I am not a pessimist, but the Oct 20 meeting titled "Budgetory reconciliation" I think also had "And Immigration reforms" to it earlier. But it is missing now. If they discuss it, that's great, but I won't be heartbroken if they don't.

I request everyone to do their bit by calling senators and congressmen. Emails aren't very effective.

Just sit tight for a few months and do not let your mind suffer any more GC trauma

anands26 said:
Please don't lose heart.

We did not expect anything from the Senate Judiciary meeting on October 18th. Nor did we expect the dates to move in November Buletin.

This is not something that will be resolved overnight. Experience tells me that it gets resolved over time and after a lot of effort. The present retrogression is unprecedented. This has never been so bad for employment based visas. And nothing will help the situtation unless Congress changes laws. Believe me : nothing else at all.

We are in a lot of trouble and it will take some effort on everyone's part to get out of it. We have to work hard, try to reach Senators to get this done. It will not be easy. But it's not too difficult either. You all will have to do your part. It will take 4-6 months to get this resolved. So please don't lose heart and become all depressed by hearing little negative things.

Don't think that 'well others are working, so it will be resolved.' You do your part. Write to Senators. Congress will hear you. It will take time and effort on everyone's part. The more the noise, the better. Also the more the collective noise, the better. If some people write now, some later, that won't work. We all must write/speak to them NOW

I have been following the GC process since mid 2001. All categories became current around that time. Back then people were saying how fast GCs are getting approved, how so and so got their 485 approved in 9 months, etc. And then from 2002 to mid 2004 onwards the speed was reduced dramatically and people were waiting 2-3 years for 485 alone. The speed picked up for a few months around mid 2004 and a lucky few got their approvals till the end of Dec 2004. And then regression hit and the current situation doesnt look promising.
My observation is that GC processing speed will go through cycles of fast and slow speed. The best we can do is wait and not get frustrated by the long wait.
Good luck to all, peace.