Never call the IIO

GCWallaBaba

Registered Users (C)
Unless your case is over three months late.
This is from my personal experience. I and a couuleague from the same company had our cases filed withing 3 days of each other he being the later filer. All throuout his EAC, EAD & FP was about 1 or 2 weeks behind mine.
However I called the IIO 5 times to check the status. As ever the info they give is always useless, but my couleague got his approval about 2 months before I did.
When I called initially the IIO had given me a certain date by which to expect the approval. My couleague got approved by that date and I beleived I would have too, had I not called in between.
My attorney also strongly recommended not to call the IIO and if you do need to communicate with INS, or to check your status, have your attorney call the IIOs. In any case it is my experience that the IIO invariably give more details to attorneys than the applicants.

Refer to this thread elsewhere on this post.

===================================
Cards Received / Some Lessons Learned Thru This GC Process
EAC 02-043-*****
RD: 09/07/2001
AD: 09/11/2002
Passport Stamped: 09/20/2002 (Albany, NY)
Cards Ordered: 10/17/2002
Cards Received: 10/22/2002

Lessons learned thru this process:

1. Never call IIO unless the case is taking atleast 2-3 months longer than the normal length. As per the lawyer, such calls bring in extra attention to the case. If calling the INS, let the lawyer handle it.
2. Bad-mouthing the INS and IIOs doesn’t do any good. Respect them and their occupation for they have a very tough job to do by safeguarding the borders against unwanted elements. Step into their shoes and feel the stress they are in.
3. Enjoy life. Don’t let the GC pursuit cloud your mind for a sane life. GC is only a means to a better life in the US, not life itself.
4. Don’t hire cheap lawyers because they are cheaper. Such cases may later involve more time and money, thus beating the purpose. For peace of month and confidence in GC processing, hire good reputable lawyers who are specialized in Immigration only, not a “Jack of all trades."
5. Till GC is obtained, stay informed of all the complex ever-changing INS laws. Its better to be safe than sorry.

God Bless and Good Luck to All.

==========================================

NEVER CALL THE IIO

Sounds like a good horror movie name - can be sequel to NEVER TALK TO STRANGERS.

btw I never called the IIO and got approved in exactly 11 months(Oct 31'01 RD)

Babaji

In the hindsight u can say all this. But I am sure ur theory of not calling IIO cannot be proven by your and your friend's case, as Ric2 was a frequent caller and got his approval fast.

It's insane to even suggest that we cannot call to know what's happening in our cases. Everyone should offcourse have a rational behing calling and should'nt do it every often.

2 cents

The "never call" rule may not be universal, but most of the tips are very good advice.

I remember a couple of weeks ago, there was someone posting almost every day asking "Did someone call the IIO today?". I do not think this is good for anybody, because excessive calling for status checking will not only waste the IIO's time for application processing, but also block those who with real urgent issues desperately trying to get through.

I think this is getting better with the new online status checking
system.

EVEN WHEN YOU CALL, You may not get right information

EVEN WHEN YOU CALL, You may not get right information. Its total waste of time

I called yesterday, IIO said its pending , it may take 4-6 weeks . blah blah

Today its APPROVED !!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: