Negative effect of contacting Senator

GreenMD2003

Registered Users (C)
Anybody heard of any Negative effect of contacting Senator for I -140 application, like holding application longer, moving it to lower priority level etc.?

Some one was suggesting me possibility of this.

Is it possible?

I dont think so...

I dont think so,..

I contacted my local senator and the TSC responded to the senator that my file is ready for adjudication and that they will request and forwad my file to the officer...

Within a month, I got my I140 and 485 approved.

I140 &485: RD: 3/14/03, AD: 10/7/04.

So contact your senator if you are waiting too long

I took my senator's list..

How to approach them..Directly call their offices or what is the mode of approach you carried upon..can you elbaorate..

I live in Northern Virginia...

Please explain

Deepa

senator...

Just call one of the senators office and they will guide you further... tell them you want to request the senator for status enquiry of your case....

too early???

Is it not too early for Sept,Oct-03 filers to contact senators?
Does TSC give different reply to senators than they give to us if we directly call them? As we all know, if we call TSC directly they will reply saying "....as of now we are processing cases filed on or after Aug 4th,2003 ..pl wait until .... ... Now we won't be able to raise an enquiry also..blah blah..".

Did anyone contact the senator's office this early and got a different reply?
Pleae share..

It's just frustrating to see the cases filed(even so many 2004 cases) after ours getting approved. Hope they will streamline this..

Thanks,

wait

wait for the current processing date on the USCIS Web site to pass your ND before contacting a senator

I agree

Wait till the processing date is past your date...

Sometimes, even the senators office will reject your request since the processing date has still not passed......

Also,contacting the senator may be like wasting his service at a very early stage where he may not be of much help.

So,.wait for the processing date..