Needs answer for i130 and F1

nadiriqbal

Registered Users (C)
Hi i am us citizen and filled i130 for my unmarried sister over 21 few years ago I have few questions to ask any reply will be appreciated thank you .

1- how long it takes to approve my sister case as unmarried 7 years or over 12 years ?

2- if my sister came to USA on F1 can she adjust her status while i130 is still filled for her or I need to withdraw i130 first .

1. F4 sibling case does not depend on married or unmarried. Most countries have been taking around 14-15 years to date, longer for India/Mexico/Philippines. If you just filed a few years ago it will probably take a little longer than historically.

2. Dont understand the question because if you withdraw the i130 there will be no basis for her to adjust. What exactly are you asking here?
Bear in mind (1) for F1 she needs to show non immigrant intent and can pay for everything (2) she can only adjust to F4 after her priority date is current and while she is still in legal status. if she gets an F1, if her authorized stay expires before her priority date is current she will have to go home and wait for consular processing.

Thank you so much I have another question my mother is here in USA on green card if she apply for my sister who is over 21 and unmarried how long does it take to approve her green card ?
In case if she get marry in next few years is that will be problem in her case ?

Thank you so much I have another question my mother is here in USA on green card if she apply for my sister who is over 21 and unmarried how long does it take to approve her green card ?
In case if she get marry in next few years is that will be problem in her case ?
Probably around 6 years.
If she gets married (1) before your mother becomes a citizen, then the case becomes void (2) after your mom becomes a citizen the case will become an F3 case and probably add around another 7-8 years wait time.

Probably around 6 years.
If she gets married (1) before your mother becomes a citizen, then the case becomes void (2) after your mom becomes a citizen the case will become an F3 case and probably add around another 7-8 years wait time.
Thank you so much for your help.