Needed your suggestion: RD 8/99

PPT PPT1

Registered Users (C)
Guys,
   I have talked to an IIO today regarding my 485, which was filed in 8/99 (ND 9/99). She told me that my case is with the officer# 169 and was assigned on Feb 8th. When I talked to a different IIO last week, he told me that my case was assigned to an officer (063) on Jan 16th. Now this IIO says there is no officer #063. 2 or 3 months back, my case was assigned many times and nothing happened. I did not quite understand what is happening with my case. My case was filed in 8/99. I am sure my case would be "the oldest case of TSC". my fp is current (second).

I have few questions. What are the options I have in case my I 485 gets never adjudicated? I have my H1 valid until March, 2003. My LC and I-140 took just 4 months. I have been waiting since March 98 in 485 stage. Is there any time limit (in years), before which TSC should process the case. My lawyer says TSC can take forever to process the case. He said we can not do anything but sue the INS (would cost $3000, *usually[everything is unusual in my case}* resolved in 2 months). I contacted senators and congress woman; nothing worked for me. I am considering to make arrangments to go back to India and settle there. Is a green card really worth going through this much pain and pressure? I have MS in software engineering from this country.

I would really appreciate any valuable suggestions from you guys.

EB3 India
RD 8/99
ND 9/99

PPT1 U r not alone

PPT1:
Your not alone in this situation. Since u follow this board U must have seen lots of people like U.
For example my RD and ND are 9.99, 10/99 FP2 on 11/27/01

There is no point just getting frustarted. We all get to that stage of frustration. Dont think I have not.
Regarding suing INS, i know it will work.
If you want to discuss more abt it let me know at m_shahidimam@yahoo.com
I am also thinking in that term.

Don\'t worry, your case will be approved soon

Usually in about 2 weeks after being assigned to an officer. The previous assignment must have been with a Supervisor. Supervisors typically take about 1-3 weeks before assigning to an Officer. My case was assigned to a Supervisor during the first week of Jan, assigned to an Officer on Jan 16th and approved on Jan 24.

Don\'t lose hope, after getting the GC approved life does not change a bit. It\'s only a temporary feeling of relief that lasts for a day or two. Just hope that this time it is really with some sincere Officer.

No Title

PPT,

I truly understand how you feel. Everyday I open the mailbox hoping miracle would happen to me. Many times I ask myself why do I have to go through all this? I applied it through the legal way and consider myself pretty patient with them. I don\'t ask to be a lucky person but just be a little fair to my case since I\'ve waited long enough for it. I also have thought about giving everything up here and just go back to my home country. However, is it worth to wait a little longer for your option in the future? Your time and effort will exchange you the freedom to work in USA or India(I assume that\'s where you came from). I\'d just say hang in there and always hope for the best since it seems you\'re very close to the end of the battle anyway. Don\'t give up your hope especially it\'s about time to come true!

No Title

I am in the same situation as you all. My RD is Dec 99 and Notice Date is 1/2000, EB3 India. I went through a lot of frustration in the last 4 months. I did my second FP in August 2001. Until then my case was proceeding normally. In Sep 2001, TSC transferred my case to NSC and in Nov 2001 NSC sent it back to TSC saying TSC requested it back since the original transfer to NSC was an error. After my case was transferred back to TSC, the system was never updated. I had to apply for my EAD and AP renewal and TSC and NSC kept pointing fingers at each other. So, I applied for renewal at both service centers. I then contacted my local congresswoman. They called me in the end of Jan and said that my case is with an officer. Since then, TSC has updated their system and have approved my AP. My husband and I keep thinking about why we have to go through this painful process. But we keep reassuring ourselves that we are one more step closer to the end. It has been four and a half years since we started this GC process (our PD is Sep 97).

Hang in there. We will all definitely see some thing soon.

No Title

PPT,

My husband just talked to an IIO and our cases were assigned to the same officer as you - #169 on Feb 8. Hope we will hear something good soon.

Here is another hope..

One of my friends applied in \'99.. his labor and 140 took less than 4 months.. he applied for 485 along with a group (bet 5-10 people I guess) from his company.. his ND is in Oct\'99, his first FP done in Nov/Dec\'99.. Waited... he got FP redo for some reason.. in 2000.. his had another FP done in 2001 Oct/Nov\'01 .. Finally he got approval last week.. All his group received GC in 2001.. Only this person rec.. last week..

I guess.. peobably your case is really assigned to someone.. but since it was pending for some reason.. they dont want to touch that until someone forces them..

In my case for my 140, assigned to some officer in April\'01.. When I called IIO on June 24th.. IIO responded - Probably you had some RFE.. then I said atleast I should receive that RFE by now (June 24\'2001).. Then she said she will send a message to the person (to whome my case is assigned).. or will pass my case to someone.. She did.. Next day when I checked the AVM.. my case was approved on 24th June.

FYI: My 485: RD 8/03/01, ND 9/07/01.. No FP yet

Thanks guys

I feel very confident now. I thought I was the only one to go through such a big mess. After seeing your responses, I believe we all will get through this process some day. But we just have to wait. We don\'t how long will it take. But we will make it. Your responses gave me a big boost.

Karen,
   Please keep us updated if u receive any information from TSC.

Shahid Imam,
   I will wait for few more months before considering suing the TSC.

Thanks,
PPT

PPT1

I am happy that you r feeling better.
We all are in the same boat. Sooner or later we will see approvals.
I guess it is just a matter of time.
Finally I would say "EVERY DOG HAS HIS DAY" :)

No Title

Karen,

Any updates on your case after it has been assigned to the officer?

Regards,
Sudheer

TSC IIO\'s give false info

PPT,

Do not loose hope. Just hang in there.
My case was filed with TSC in 1/2000 & is still pending.

My FP1 expired in 9/2001 & I called an IIO & got an FP notice
in two weeks. Since then I\'ve been calling IIO\'s periodically
to get status updates. Until today I believed them but not anymore.
2 weeks back I was told that both my wife & my apps were assigned
to an officer. Today another IIO told me that my wife app
is not even at the workstation & is still pending but that mine
is at a workstation & is waiting to be assigned.

I guess we cannot take the IIO\'s word for granted & keep trying
all avenues until it gets approved.

Is there any problem in contacting a congressman & a senator
at the same time?

Regards,
Sudheer