Need your help on I-485 question!

GCCOMETOME

Registered Users (C)
Hey guys, I just posted the good news about my I-140 & I-485 approved last week. And I have already got the actual approval notice in the mail last week. I made an appointment through infopass for passport stamping for today. Guess what happened to me? I went in to local INS office and she took all the information, then she told me TSC didn't update their system yet, in another words, TSC system still shows my case status of I-485 as of February, 2005, so they can't process my stamping/green card still they update their system. I was speechless! Did this happen to anyone else? Or am I just that "lucky"? I even checked the case status online on USCIS.GOV for my case, it said case approved! But they can only process according to TSC's system even though I have actual approval notice with me! I guess it's just my luck!

EB3 Concurrent
RD: 03/2003 for I-140 & I-485
Approval date: 03/17/2005 (according to the notice I received!)

Don't worry about, it seems system issue.

Did they let u know when they will call u again? or u have come urself after?????

HTML:
 In Next appointment take some tools with u :)  (just joking)
               _
              | |
              | |===( )   //////
              |_|   |||  | o o|
                     ||| ( c  )                  ____
                      ||| \= /                  ||   \_
                       ||||||                   ||     |
                       ||||||                ...||__/|-"
                       ||||||             __|________|__
                         |||             |______________|
                         |||             || ||      || ||
                         |||             || ||      || ||
 ------------------------|||-------------||-||------||-||-------
                         |__>            || ||      || ||

Good LUck

Last edited by a moderator:
GCCOMETOME said:
Hey guys, I just posted the good news about my I-140 & I-485 approved last week. And I have already got the actual approval notice in the mail last week. I made an appointment through infopass for passport stamping for today. Guess what happened to me? I went in to local INS office and she took all the information, then she told me TSC didn't update their system yet, in another words, TSC system still shows my case status of I-485 as of February, 2005, so they can't process my stamping/green card still they update their system. I was speechless! Did this happen to anyone else? Or am I just that "lucky"? I even checked the case status online on USCIS.GOV for my case, it said case approved! But they can only process according to TSC's system even though I have actual approval notice with me! I guess it's just my luck!

EB3 Concurrent
RD: 03/2003 for I-140 & I-485
Approval date: 03/17/2005 (according to the notice I received!)

Very interesting; To my knowledge, I don't know anyone had this "luck" but I guess another bump in your process. So what did they ask you to do?

Can you also, let me know which ASC you went for stamping. I got my I-485 approval email today. How long did take for you to get your approval notice.

Thanks

Thanks For The Quick Reply

Yes, she asked me to go in again tomorrow. She said she had already sent an email message to TSC and asked them to update the system so she can process my case. Wish me luck tomorrow, please! I have to take vacation again tomorrow!

To answer your question, I got my actual approval notice in the mail 3 days after I got email notice from USCIS so it's pretty quick. local INS office I went is Housotn.

Thanks!

Update on my stamping

Just want to give you the update on my 2nd trip to local INS office today. They told me TSC still didn't update my I-485 in their system, so that means local office still can't process my passport stamping! Local office said all they can do is to wait for TSC to respond to their email (they can not contact them via phones according to them!). I am not sure how many cases like this happening in this country! I mean I got actual I-485 original approval notice with me but they still can't process green card for me just because their internal system error! I even called regular National customer service line and customer service rep told me my case is approved according to her system!

Now all I can do is to wait for local office contacting me again! God knows how long it will take again (not talking about I have already waited two years after I filed my I140 & I485 in 2003!).

you have company

If it is any comfort, I had the exact same thing happen to me, I got my approval notice on 03/03/2005 and when I went for stamping and just like
in ur case my name wasn't in the database.
They said they would call me and let me know and I am still waiting.
My spouse's approval notice did not even come, so I am standing on one leg and waiting.
It is one thing not to get approval but it is more painful to get and not still get it.

Take Care
rd 10/02

Guess they messed up on more than one!

RD, thanks for your reply. I guess they messed up on more than one of us! yeah, they told me same thing - "we will call you so just wait!".

Yes, I did have another family based I-485 pending at MSC (Missouri center) till March 24, 2005. I was supposed to have AOS interview on 03/24 based on my family based I-485 (I acutally got this interview notice in January, 2005). As I told you earlier, I got approval notice on my employment based 485 on 03/17 but I still went to local office for family based interview on 03/24. I was very honest and told the officer my employment based 485 was approved. Because they can't grant two 485 approvals to one person, interview officer for family based asked me to pursue with employment based since it's already approved according to the notice I received from TSC! If I would know this kind of mess would happen to my employment based application, I should've dropped it and gone with my family one. But again, who could predict this kind of thing happens! Also, I don't think family based I-485 would affect another one as they were processed in two different centers with totally two different receipt numbers!

All I can do now is to wait for TSC and local office!

Question for Gumly

Hi Gumly, you said in your previous message you went stamping on 03/03/05 but still waiting on them to contact you. My questions are:

1) Have you tried to contact them for the past two weeks? or have attorney contact them?

2) Which local office did you go for the stamping?

Thanks in advance!

they do not have a number to contact, I had to always go thru the 1-800 number but as you know they just read out what is on the website.
They told me to wait for one month and go try again.
The local office I went is in vermont because I work here now.

Thanks, Gumly

Thanks! Yes, that's what I did too - I called customer service (toll-free number) and what they told me was to read off the online case status message (of course it says my case has been approved!). One lady was nice enough to transfer me to an immigration officer but he was not very helpful! What he said was I don't have access to update TSC's system so you just have to be patient and wait for your officer from local office who handles your case!

I am thinking to have attorney to help me but don't know if it "REALLY" helps! I will pray for all of us!

Thanks again...

Maybe we bumped into each other .......

I went in to Houston office yesterday ...... and got PP stamping without much issue ....... infact the lady was totally nonchalant - did not even look up ........ did not ask for any docs ..... just grumbled under her breath because me and my wife went to the window together .... having consecutive ticket numbers ..... anyways ..... wish you luck.

Still no news from local office!

As of today, I still haven't received any kind of phone calls from local office regarding TSC updating my 485 in their system! I am really starting to wonder if that 485 approval notice I received from them means anything!