Need your help guys

vbabers

Registered Users (C)
I filed my I485 on March 28, 2000 when all the priority dates become current. When INS issued the RD (05/02/00) my priority date was not current and i am just wondering whether i will get approved or denied.
I would appreciate your input. Myladoor can you please respond.

My details are:
PD: 07/99
I485:
RD: 05/02/00
FP: 12/12/00

No Title

How come you filed in March and RD is in May. Are you
sure that it is RD not ND. It is the RD not the ND
that determine currency. If it is indeed RD, then what
delivery service did you use?

No Title

Keep all the postal delivery receipts and proof. Did you overnight it?

Could get an RFE/intent-to-deny, keep your fingers crossed.

No Title

Yes, I posted that one overnight and they received on March 30. But they issued me the RD as 05/02/00.

If they sent an RFE intent to deny, how i have to approach them? how long that process again is going to take place? And did i need to apply for my wife too and her RD: 08/16/01.

Thanks for your help.

No Title

Double check with your I485 receipt: What\'s RD and ND on the receipt? I believe your RD on receipt is 3/30/00, and ND (notice date) is 5/2/00. But on AVM, NSC posted your case by your ND--5/2/00.

If this is the case, you do not need to worry. My I485 was filed on 3/30/00 by overnight delivery, and it reached INS on 3/31/00. They issued me receipt on 4/26/00. But my RD on receipt is 3/31/00, and ND is 4/26/00.

No Title

My I485 was filed on 3/28/00 by overnight delivery, and it reached INS on 3/30/00 (i checked using the postal tracking number). But i received the Receipt date: 05/02/00 and ND is: 05/20/00. Mine priority date was not current at the time of issuing the receipt date i.e. 05/02/00.

I am just worrying after waiting this much period, how they process my application???

No Title

Are you sure there is no 3/30/00 somewhere on your receipt?I bet 3/30/00 is on your receipt, but you ignored it. It\'s normal that PD is not shown on receipt. There must be two dates on your receipt, one is 3/30/00, othe other is 5/20/00! Examine your receipt carefully!

No Title

In my letter the Receipt date they have given is: 05/02/00. Few minutes back i spoke with IIO and asked her what is the Receipt date on my application. She said it is 03/30/00. It seems in their system Receipt date is 03/30/00, thank god.

She also said they are working on 08/99 cases only, need to wait long time to get approval and also said that my case is not assigned to any officer yet.

Many thanks to abchawk and myladoor for your support.

No Title

Abchawk, you are my flagship!
My PD (EB2, India, July 1999) was current as well until March 31 2000.
My RD is March 29 2000 and my ND is May 12 2000.
Of course, my PD is now current. Abchawk, here\'s hoping that you get your approval soon. I believe our scenarios are similar.

Another point: the PD box on my receipt is blank. Is this unusual?

No Title

That is good news to hear. But I would still keep the postal proof...just in case.

Mine was receipted (RD) 7 days afer postal receipt. The delay actually depends on the so called "frontlog". At NSC it is always very high.

No Title

That is good news to hear. But I would still keep the postal proof...just in case.

Mine was receipted (RD) 7 days afer postal receipt. The delay actually depends on the so called "frontlog". At NSC it is always very high.

There are people who hand delivered applications on 3/31/00. Heard that INS was open until midnight on 3/31!!!