Need your comments

way

Registered Users (C)
I am planning to submit NIW and EA petition to Vermont while I am also working on my H1 visa transfer in Michigan which is under Nebraska center. I am wondering whether the green card petition will negatively affect the approval of H1 tranfer. Your comment is highly appreciated.

Hi Brian:

Thank you very much for your comment. I would like to make two things clear
(1) I am working on arthritis research in Maryland, under the jurisdiction of Vermont, I am doing H1 transfer from orthopaedic department to dental school at U. Michigan continuing working on arthritis and bone degeneration.
(2) I will move once U. Michigan has submitted the application of H1 visa transfer while the processing time for H1 visa transfer will take a couple of months for me to receive the approval notice. However, I have to file the green card petition before my moving if I want to file in Vermont center. At that time, my H1 visa transfer application is still in the process. Therefore, the questions are
(1) If I file NIW and EA in Vermont, am I going to be considered "change of field" once I moved to dental school at U. Michigan even if I will still work on arthritis research.
(2) Again, whether green card petition will negatively affect my H1 visa transfer approval since there is a question in H1 visa transfer application form " Do you have any green card application pending? My answer is NO because I did not file the green card petition when I file the H1 transfer". But when they start to process my H1 transfer, they might figure out I have filed the green card petition after I have submitted the H1 transfer application.
Again, thank you very much for your response.

WAY

way said:
Hi Brian:

Therefore, the questions are
(1) If I file NIW and EA in Vermont, am I going to be considered "change of field" once I moved to dental school at U. Michigan even if I will still work on arthritis research.
(2) Again, whether green card petition will negatively affect my H1 visa transfer approval since there is a question in H1 visa transfer application form " Do you have any green card application pending? My answer is NO because I did not file the green card petition when I file the H1 transfer". But when they start to process my H1 transfer, they might figure out I have filed the green card petition after I have submitted the H1 transfer application.
Again, thank you very much for your response.

WAY

1) Are you *going* to dental school or working in the dep't? If the latter is true and you can show you are still in the same field, you should be OK. If you are doing dentistry stuff, you have an issue.

2) Dual intent is allowed on H1B. I renewed an H1B three months before my CP interview.

Brian