Need you sugestion

vaoct99

Registered Users (C)
Last week I received a RFE from VSC for Employment letter. I have a feeling that the company that I am working for close to six year is ignoring my request for this simple letter and suddenly their attituete has been changed. Till now they ignored all my e-mails and when I approached them personally they started to show it that it is not a simple task to give a letter. Can I just send my last pay checks and get over with this cheap shots play. What other option I may have??

No Title

Don\'t you have an immigration team in your company?

Our immigration team works closely with immigration
lawyers. Basically, my lawyer calls our company\'s
immigration team and asks for employment letter
and my lawyer dictates how the letter should be
written. This is how I got my letter.

If not, you can usually get the letter from payroll
which could take few days. Or have your
boss write it up for you.

As always check with your lawyer.

Hope this helps,

-LJ

No Title

No my company does not have it. My lawyer sent the prototype letter to me and I gave it to our HR which ussualy write these kinds of letter. Before this time when ever I wanted a letter they gave me immidiatly. They are aware of my status and my impression is they think I may leave the company since they are not paying market rate to people in our status. I will for sure check with my lawyer, but he doesn\'t care one way to another. He just want the letter and doesn\'t care who will sign it. I approached my own boss and payroll department but according to this company regulation no body except HR and the CEO of the company can not give any similar letter. This is a mid size company.

No Title

It has to be on the company letter head. If you can get a blank letter head sheet, you could type it up and have your immediate supervisor or someone sign it. paychecks by themselves may not be enough.

No Title

I am sure they eventually sign the letter. They just trying to kill some time. My concerns is how long they are planning to play this game. I am sure there are many ways that I can approach this and all my options are open if it comes to that point. But it is sickening to see when some corporate when see there are a potential they loose their staffs that been paying them minimal salary start to use some of these cheep tactics.

No Title

Had the same problem. Company said they have three months to reply
to RFE for employment letter. Had a fight with them and got the
letter. You need the letter paystubs will not do.

No Title

I never let them know about the three months. They just found out that this is it and since they are paying close to $40,000.00 below the market I think they know I will not last long.

No Title

All RFE repliers:
Is the following letter format good enough on the comapny letter head.

Name:
Social Security Number.

Start Date :mm/dd/yy till present
Position:
Annual Salary:

If you have any questions please call me XXX-XX-XXXX

Is the above letter suffices or it has to mention something more.
Any inputs will be appreciated.

Thanks