Need Visa Info for Europe

gcusa99

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I appreciate if any one can share their experience or knowledge regarding a trip to Europe countries (UK, France, Switzerland and Italy). We are permanent residents of US and our two kids are US citizens. We like to travel in Europe on our way to India. I greatly appreciate any suggestions and inputs.

gcusa99 said:
Hi,

I appreciate if any one can share their experience or knowledge regarding a trip to Europe countries (UK, France, Switzerland and Italy). We are permanent residents of US and our two kids are US citizens. We like to travel in Europe on our way to India. I greatly appreciate any suggestions and inputs.

If you are Indian citizens, for Switzerland you don't need visa, but for UK you need UK visa and for France + Italy you need schengen visa. Check their embasssy/consulate websites.

Visas

No, you do not need a transit visa for UK and Italy provided you have your GC and a valid passport with you. Been there done that!

pralay said:
If you are Indian citizens, for Switzerland you don't need visa

You can travel to Switzerland without a visa provided you have a physical green card and a valid passport. This applies to all green card holders, no matter which country they are citizens of.

It is important to note that the Swiss do require both the actual plastic card and a valid national passport for this: a temporary passport stamp or a reentry permit cannot be used in their stead. This info is available at:

http://www.eda.admin.ch/content/washington_emb/e/home/consular/visas/needvisa.html