Need Urgent Help !!!!

gcaaa111

Registered Users (C)
I lost my Green Card and scheduled my travel in two days and going through Franfurt. I do have a photo copy of my Card and I just booked the Info Pass appointment for Monday 9:30. I do have the 485 approval notice.

I am in tention.....Can I be able to go INDIA and come back with out any problem???? I am screwed..... please help.

gcaaa111:

Get I551 stamp on your passport. Once you get the stamp, then
you are just FINE.

Without the stamp or the GC, you CANNOT get back to the US.

If you haven't applied for I90 yet, send the form ASAP.

Good luck
howdy_howdy
//

Stamp got expired 2 months ago and I did recieved my card, now I lost the card. Do they just Stamp on my passport now?

gcaaa111:

I believe you will need to have your I90 (card lost/stolen) receipt and your travel arrangements (air ticket) to convince & get I551 stamp these days.

Looks like you haven't sent in your I90 yet; go do it ASAP. Postpone your
travel arrangements until you can get I551 stamp on the PP.

Good luck
howdy_howdy
//

What is I-90? Do I need to call police and report? I am going to ASC tomorrow. What stuff do I need to carry. Thanks for advise.

gcaaa111:

I90 is a petition that you file in case you haven't received your card
OR your card gets lost/stolen etc.

You can download that form from USCIS website OR you can even file it online; goto www.uscis.gov.

You don't need to file police report for lost/stolen green cards. It is just enough that you file I90 to indicate that your GC is lost/stolen.

Do this ASAP.

Also, when you visit the Office tomorrow with InfoPass appointment, check with the Officer if you can get the stamp without filing I90 as you have only few days to travel outside the US.

Just give it a shot and let us know your experience.

Good luck
howdy_howdy
//

gcaaa111 said:
I lost my Green Card and scheduled my travel in two days and going through Franfurt. I do have a photo copy of my Card and I just booked the Info Pass appointment for Monday 9:30. I do have the 485 approval notice.

I am in tention.....Can I be able to go INDIA and come back with out any problem???? I am screwed..... please help.
Hello,U can file electronically I-90 (there is a fee 4 rep/ment of gc), then when u receive ur I-797, do info-pass take passport and NOA and u will get pp stamped...Good luck

Thanks For the information.

So Do you want me to e File before I appear the officer? Sorry guys..... I am in very bad situation and getting confused myself. This is very important travel for me and cannot post pone..... I am almost crying now.

gcaaa111:

First of all, do NOT panic and get stressed out. While it is easy for me to
say this, I have to tell you this because, panicking and crying WILL NOT help you in this situation. Let's try to resolve the problem here, rather than getting struck with it.

What you need to do is:

1. File for I90 - you can efile this by following instructions in www.uscis.gov - with the option "Card lost/stolen". You will have to pay the money using your
credit card online for all the charges (around $300 if I remember it correctly)

2. Wait for the I90 receipt notice

3. With the I90 receipt notice and the situation you are in (you have to visit your home country due to emergency?), get an InfoPass appointment and
tell the Officer that you need to get the I551 stamp. Take all the details
such as the I90 receipt, your PP, your air ticket etc.

5. Your GC should arrive in the mail in probably 8-12 weeks.

6. In the mean time, you said you have an InfoPass appt tomorrow right? Go to the USCIS Office with your PP and your I485 approval notice and talk your way through to convince the Officer that you need I551 stamp as you have to leave the US due to an emergency and come back to the US. You MAY HAVE a chance to convince the Officer, but I would not bet on this one though.

Good luck and again do not panic...
howdy_howdy
//

Thanks

Howdy-Howdy, Thanks a lot for your detailed advise. I am going tomorrow with the information I have (approval notice, Passport and photo copy of my GC).

How long it takes to get the I-90 reciept notice once e-File? I haven't applied yet. And what will be my status once I apply?

I am planning to apply I-90 in the local office after I talk to the officer. What do you say on this?

gcaaa111:

You may probably get I90 receipt within a week or two. My wife got hers
within 10 days of time.

As for your status, YOU ARE VERY MUCH AN IMMIGRANT, so don't worry.
Having lost your GC and/or not having valid I551 stamp in your passport doesn't mean that you are out of status, which keep in mind.

As I said in my earlier post, give it a shot by asking the Officer if you could get the stamp without I90 pending. Who knows may be you would get the stamp as you need to travel for an emergency.

Post your exp after you visit your local Office.

Good luck
howdy_howdy
//

No Luck yet

Went to ASC today and he told me that, the pending I-90 has to be in the system. So I e-Filed the application just now and cross my finger. He asked me to come back on wednesday, he wrote that on the today's appointment.

I hope my application will be in system by then. I booked another appointment for tomorrow also, My flight leaves at 11:30 AM on Wednesday (day after tomorrow).

I think that you supose to do the I90 e-File yesterday , and get a copy of that , before you went to appointment !!! And probably you could solve this problem today at the interviu you just did !!!
Anyway good luck , and i hope that you'll solve that before traveling !!!

Best Wishes ,

ghebauer

Hi All..... I dont know whether this is Good or Bad........ I found my card in one of the corner in my study room. But problem is my new I-90 is being processed this morning. What should I do?? What about my current Card status? I am tottaly confused and weird status... dont know why it is happening this to me.

Called USCIS and waiting in the line almost from 20 minutes. I sent an email to e processing center to stop processing. Dont know what will happen.