Need Travel Advise through Frankfurt Germny

IF you don't have visa in passport you need a transit visa in Frankfurt, they changed now. Earlier they allowed..

BaSh

transit Visa

Hi,

Can any tell how to apply for transit visa while travelling through germany.My hi has experied long back(even in passport) as iam on 485 now ,has EAD & AP.Please put your input.

Thanks
Sekhar

You don't need a Transit Visa

I called the German embassy in Atlanta and they confirmed that we don't need a Transit visa if we have AP. They consider AP as a valid US visa.

Same case here, my h1 on the passport expired and I'm traveling on AP in Nov through Paris and return through Frankfurt.

GC-4-All said:
I called the German embassy in Atlanta and they confirmed that we don't need a Transit visa if we have AP. They consider AP as a valid US visa.

When did you talk to the Atlanta Consulate? I had an email last week from NYC advising to the contrary...

I have called the Atlanta German embassy on Monday 18th.

This is my conversation with Counsler:

Me: "I'm an Indian citizen working here in US going to India on a vacation. And on my way back I'm passing thru Frankfurt"
Counsler: " What is your Visa Status?"
Me: "I'm in the process of getting my Green Card. I have a travel document to retener US again."
counsler: " Advance Parole?"
Me: "Yes"
Councler: "Yes. We recognize Advance Parole as valid visa. And you don't need to take a Transit Visa."
Me: "Is there a place from where I can print out this info."
Counsler: "It's all on the website. You can print it out from there."

One of my friends has left to India today thru Frankfurt and he is returning in a week. He too has an expired visa on his passport and an Advance Parole.

I will update you with his experience.

Please let me know if anybody has a confirmed news, otherwise.

GC-4-11 did you check with the French consulate for your travel through Paris? I did call up the French consulate in Atlanta( I have an I 551 stamp) and I mentioned I had a Green card stamped on the passport and she said I would not need the visa. I wanted to confirm nevertheless since a relative actually had to postpone her trip since she did not have a transit visa via Paris. This was a couple of years ago, but still be very sure about Paris as they will not let you board the plane if you need a transit visa.

ADDTX

I did not call the French Embassy, reason was...

When I called Air India, they told me that for Paris I don't need a Transit Visa, but they are not sure about Frankfurt.

That is when I called the Atlanta German Consulate.

Hi Guys,

My wife went to India in Aug 2004 and I took German visa(Frankfurt airport) but she said no body asked any visa, in fact while going she didn't even get down the plane. While coming back, she got down the plane but no questions asked.

GC-4-All said:
I have called the Atlanta German embassy on Monday 18th.

This is my conversation with Counsler:

Me: "I'm an Indian citizen working here in US going to India on a vacation. And on my way back I'm passing thru Frankfurt"
Counsler: " What is your Visa Status?"
Me: "I'm in the process of getting my Green Card. I have a travel document to retener US again."
counsler: " Advance Parole?"
Me: "Yes"
Councler: "Yes. We recognize Advance Parole as valid visa. And you don't need to take a Transit Visa."
Me: "Is there a place from where I can print out this info."
Counsler: "It's all on the website. You can print it out from there."

One of my friends has left to India today thru Frankfurt and he is returning in a week. He too has an expired visa on his passport and an Advance Parole.

I will update you with his experience.

Please let me know if anybody has a confirmed news, otherwise.

Thanks for the transcript. Let me know what your friend experiences.

As an FYI, there have been previous posts by people who have said that no one checks for visa (transit or other) as long as you're in the sterile zone at FRA.

K