Need to travel out of USA after H1B 7th yr extension approved

Gaa

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I got my H1B 7th yr extension done (approved I-797).Now i need to travel out of USA. Can anyone tell me if i have to get my visa stamped when i leave USA or i have to apply for a Advanced Parol or what other paper work is necessary for travel during 7th yr.

Has anyone ever done a Visa stamping for the 7th year extension in India?
Is this possible ?

Thanks in advance

GAA

No issues in travelling after H1 extension

A very close friend of mine went to India after getting extension and there were no issues in stamping. You should always take your labor approval or labor filing letter to make sure you can show them in case they ask for GC status. Other than that, you will only need the papers that are needed for a visa stamping. I also know a guy who went to India in his 8th year and had no issues in getting a new visa.

What about if labor is pending?

Prashautsh--
You mentioned travel with 7th year H1B and approved labor. What about if labor application is still pending...?
That is my case. I am going to Canada for landing and will return to the US in 2 or 3 days. (I am not going to get a stamp in US consular in Canada. I'll use 30 days) Is there any risk not allowed to come back? What are the toughest questions or issues.

Any opinion would be highly appreciated!

SL10552,
They can always stop you at the border without a valid visa. The only recourse for you then is to Go back to your home country and get the stamping.
Since you are not eligible to apply for AP the only option is to go to Canada and try the consulate there to get the stamping done.

HTH