Need to know Master hearing(Political asylum)

I have my first master hearing on August.
Is it okay to go without attorney and hire attorney later for individual hearing?
Please someone suggest

Though its recommended but You don't need one If you're not changing anything at MCH like its still same Asylum case. They 'll fix the identity, and case details, and schedule about individual hearing and hardly takes 20 or so mins. Someone, Pls correct me if i am wrong...

Since you were referred to court, you should already be working with your lawyer to prepare your case, now.

As for your question: That is a very bad idea. You should have your lawyer with you. Even if its not required, what will you do if the judge sets your individual hearing to one month later? The date of the individual hearing depends on the judge's calendar, there might be an opening three weeks after the MCH. With your lawyer present, you guys can try to tell the judge you are not ready, need more time. Although it varies, when you show up without a lawyer, the judge makes all decisions, without even considering your situation.

Anyway, my point is that, you are setting yourself up for failure by not finding a lawyer, right now. I bet that if you had a lawyer for the asylum interview and case with the asylum officer, you could have won it. The same applies to this second stage of your case: Without a lawyer, you are setting yourself up to lose the case. If you plan or hope to represent yourself in front of the judge, I assure you that you will lose the case.

Good luck.

Since you were referred to court, you should already be working with your lawyer to prepare your case, now.

As for your question: That is a very bad idea. You should have your lawyer with you. Even if its not required, what will you do if the judge sets your individual hearing to one month later? The date of the individual hearing depends on the judge's calendar, there might be an opening three weeks after the MCH. With your lawyer present, you guys can try to tell the judge you are not ready, need more time. Although it varies, when you show up without a lawyer, the judge makes all decisions, without even considering your situation.

Anyway, my point is that, you are setting yourself up for failure by not finding a lawyer, right now. I bet that if you had a lawyer for the asylum interview and case with the asylum officer, you could have won it. The same applies to this second stage of your case: Without a lawyer, you are setting yourself up to lose the case. If you plan or hope to represent yourself in front of the judge, I assure you that you will lose the case.

Good luck.
Definitely I need lawyer and I am searching too.
In worst case, I will go alone for master hearing.
In individual hearing, I will take lawyer.
I didn't submitted any docs.
Chicago is very packed up.
I heard individual hearing are after 3 to 4 years minimal

Hi everyone, Can anybody help me? I just got a mail from the USCIS yesterday stating that my asylum application has been referred to the IJ. And my NTA says I need to appear before the judge on September 12,2019 in Denver, Colorado. However, I am moving to New York this August 6. Is there any way that I can move my court venue? Will I have enough time to inform the Court about this? Or do I need to attend my September 12 NTA even if I am already staying in New York at that time?

Hi everyone, Can anybody help me? I just got a mail from the USCIS yesterday stating that my asylum application has been referred to the IJ. And my NTA says I need to appear before the judge on September 12,2019 in Denver, Colorado. However, I am moving to New York this August 6. Is there any way that I can move my court venue? Will I have enough time to inform the Court about this? Or do I need to attend my September 12 NTA even if I am already staying in New York at that time? Thank you so much in advance!

Hi everyone, Can anybody help me? I just got a mail from the USCIS yesterday stating that my asylum application has been referred to the IJ. And my NTA says I need to appear before the judge on September 12,2019 in Denver, Colorado. However, I am moving to New York this August 6. Is there any way that I can move my court venue? Will I have enough time to inform the Court about this? Or do I need to attend my September 12 NTA even if I am already staying in New York at that time? Thank you so much in advance!
There are two things to consider:

1. Is your move more important for the rest of your life than getting approval for your case? While you can move your case to NY, that comes with the risk of delay in your case. Any attempt to change the hearing date also may impact EAD eligibility.
2. If your case is moved to NY, what could happen, I mean...probability of success. While you can win your case anywhere as long as it is strong, looking at the statistics, approvals are higher in NY than Denver, on average...so its good to move :).

Advice: Always try to do your best not to do actions that might delay your case. Moving around the US is one sure way to delay your case. You don't want that....your case might end up trapped in a black hole: I know a man whose case was still pending in 2009, after he applied in 1995! Be super careful with moving around, introducing delays in your case. Worse, your files might be lost and you have to start again. Personally, I say limit moving around if you can.

To transfer your case: 1. Update your address in USCIS's online system. 2. Download the same AR 11 form, fill it out with your new address and mail it to USCIS. 3. The same AR-11 form + letter explaining you are moving to NYC = send them to your local asylum office. 4. Visit the Denver asylum office, PHYSICALLY talk to them, verify that a) they got your letter asking for the transfer and b) the transfer was sent to NY. 5. Go to NY local asylum office, verify that they have your case, check on the dates. 6. Use the asylum automated hotline to check the status of your case, location, etc.

Caution: Not verifying your case situation with the local asylum office is very dangerous: notices, etc will be sent to the wrong address. Failure to take action on these notices not advised: judges entitled to issue deportation orders when you don't comply with their requests. Actually, the majority of the people being deported by ICE are in that situation because deportation orders were issued without their knowledge. How? Judges/USCIS/EOIR sent notices to the wrong address... Claiming that you didn't get a notice is no defense against a deportation order.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Thank you so much for this. Regarding my EAD, they statec in the mail that the possible date I could apply for my work permit is on August 26, 2019. But since I am moving to New York already in August 6, I won’t be able to apply for work permit on August 26 right?

Thank you so much for this. Regarding my EAD, they statec in the mail that the possible date I could apply for my work permit is on August 26, 2019. But since I am moving to New York already in August 6, I won’t be able to apply for work permit on August 26 right?
No, even if you are moving, you are still eligible to apply. You haven't introduced any delay in the system....so you are good to apply for the EAD.