need to know how long is the line for interview in SF office????????? (I-485)

No Title

I got the passport stamped last week. I reached the San Jose office early in the morning at 4.00 AM. By that time, there were about 150 people in the queue. The gates open at about 7.30 AM. I found that people who reached the office by about 6.00 AM were asked to go back and come on the next day. After entering the office, I had to wait for two hours for getting the stamp.

Ravi.

Not sure about interview--but for passport stamping ....

we were there at 1:25PM on Friday and were out by 1:55PM.... 30 short minutes.

thanks guys for replies... but i meant how many days i have to wait to get my interview appointment?

No Title

hi,

I am part of the SJ interview club. We are 3 in all and we are all scheduled for interview at the end of November, beginning of December. We had to wait between 3 and 6 months to get the interview notice.

You will probably have to wait a similar time.

There are at least 2 other people in your area who have been transferred for interview at the local office. Search for SF interview on this board, you will find them.

I suggest you also post a top level message with a more concise title, something like \'SF interview club\' or similar.

Anyway you have to arm yourself with patience. I\'ve appended below an older interview FAQ that I put together during my wait.

-----

This information is gathered from posts on this and other newsgroup. I cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information so do not plan your life around it. This is not legal advice, I am not a lawyer.

Additions and corrections welcome. I plan to post this information now and then to the immigrationportal.com site.

A great source of information is Ciba\'s site @ http://www.geocities.com/ciba_2/I485/WebCSC.htm. Select the \'Personal\' link at the top and then item 2 on the main page (local office interviews).

The interview will be scheduled sometime at the latitude of the local office. \'Sometime\' can be in 2-3 months in SF and another lucky office in LA or 8-11 months in SJ. I have been waiting for 4 months.

You get an interview notice 2-4 weeks before the interview.

Sometime married applicants need bring proof that their marriage is bona fide. Also if you have ever been arrested you need to bring relevant documentation. If you have been member of the communist party you need to justify that aspect of your life. If you have used AC-21 to switch jobs you need of course bring documentation. If your finger prints have been rejected (too) many times your case will also be transferred.

It seems that some cases are transferred just for quality assurance, what ever that means.

Overall only a small percentage of cases are transferred. It seems that the number of transfer cases increased in recent months.

Most of the EB cases w/ interviews are approved - I have not heard of any rejected. Investor/refugee cases seem to be less lucky.

Some offices (SJ) may stamp your password at the end of the interview. Others (SF) send you home and communicate their decision in writing in a couple of weeks.

Don\'t despair, other people are in the same situation. FB applicants wait for 2 years for the interview.

Good luck!