NEED to immigrate

islammanjurul

Registered Users (C)
My brother is a DV-2005 winner, and i hope he will get his visa.....
IF he get his visa,can he file a petition for me for my iimigrating to USA.....
NEED GOOD ADVISE....

islammanjurul said:
My brother is a DV-2005 winner, and i hope he will get his visa.....
IF he get his visa,can he file a petition for me for my iimigrating to USA.....
NEED GOOD ADVISE....

First he would need to get a Green Card. Then he would need to wait 5 years and apply for US Citizenship. Then he could apply for a Green Card for you by filing an I-130. You would then need to wait for the priority date to become current for a visa number to be available for you. Deppending on your country or origin that wait time is currently between 12 and 22 YEARS. That means that under current processing times and laws, your looking at at least 18 years before you could obtain a GC this way.

Thanks Dear James D. Mills.....
but i have some question....
can i apply for immigrationship/citizenship if i get an H1B visa......
also, i need some useful information(it will be better if printed information are available) about H1B,how to get that,how long it will take to obtain......
Thanking you again for your reply....

Not directly: first you have to get H visa, then you have to apply for green card (permantenbt residency) and if you get it, after 5 years you can apply for citizenship.
Or you can get married to US citizen, then get green card, and then again apply for ciizenship.
In all cases - it is a long time waiting.
You can also try to win green card lottery like your brother (I know a case of cousins both getting DV, though not in the same year)