Need to get a visa stamping again?

indyanguy

Registered Users (C)
I have a H1 visa valid till end 2006 (from Company A). I got my H1 transferred to company B and am travelling to my home country in Nov 2005. Do I need to get a stamping again? Can i reenter with the approval notice from B?

Any help is appreciated. :confused:

thanks acecupid.. do i need to take any papers/documentation with me to avoid any hassels at the port of entry? or is this situation quite common?

acecupid said:
You do not need to go for stamping. You can re-enter with approval notice from new employer.

Unrelated question.. When I leave US, at the port of departure, do I surrender the I94 in my passport as well as the I94 that came with the approval notice?

Can someone please explain?

Urgent Please Help

I initially had my ticket booked through Northwest (via AMS).. My travel agent just called me to say that NW has cancelled their flights and he can put me on AirFrance (via PARIS). Given, my situation, (valid H1 visa from previous employer), do I need a Transit visa?

ANY HELP IS REALLY APPRECIATED!

indyanguy said:
thanks acecupid.. do i need to take any papers/documentation with me to avoid any hassels at the port of entry? or is this situation quite common?

1) New orginal H1B Approval with I-94.
2) Paystubs
3) Employer letter

indyanguy said:
Unrelated question.. When I leave US, at the port of departure, do I surrender the I94 in my passport as well as the I94 that came with the approval notice?

Can someone please explain?

just only the I-94 which is enclosed to the passport.

indyanguy said:
I initially had my ticket booked through Northwest (via AMS).. My travel agent just called me to say that NW has cancelled their flights and he can put me on AirFrance (via PARIS). Given, my situation, (valid H1 visa from previous employer), do I need a Transit visa?

ANY HELP IS REALLY APPRECIATED!

Not required.

I was under the impression that you will also have to submit the new I-94 (green) along with the one in the PP. Atleast, thats what my wife's lawyer has suggested to her. She is also planning to enter with her stamped H-1 from previous job and carry along the new I-797.

I have myself tried before in the past with the I-94 detached from the I-797 notice and did not have problems. My lawyer suggested "just leave it in there". I checked with my friends and they too suggested leave it in there.

I would think that both would be OK. If you do tear and submit the I-94, make sure u have made a copy of the I-797 for your record because you will be giving away the I-94.

Definately do give the I-94 attached to the passport. So atleast there is some record that you have left the country.

Above is only my opinion. I am not a lawyer.

Indyanguy,

Can you please post your experience? I am going to India soon and wanted to know if your trip was OK, as I am in a similar situation

thanks a lot

Sorry for the late reply.. When i left US, i submitted BOTH the I94 on my passport as well as the one that came with my approval notice (I797).

At the POE, make sure the date on the I94 is same as the date on the new approval. If you have any questions, let me know!