Need to Find "official translator" in LA area Fast!

jendefur

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

I received a letter from INS today that I need to submit more evidence for my GC petition...arghhhh....

Anyone know of any "Official translator" that can "certify that they are competent to translate"? Is there some sort of certification I should look for in a translator?

Specifically, I need an Indonesian translator.

Just so you know, originally when I sent in my forms, I wrote out a copy of the form in english and had a notary sign it, this obviously was not sufficient.

Need help!
Thanks,
Jennifer

r u trying to get transcripts

because if u r trying to get your educational certificates evaluated
there is information on university websites who do transcripts

or if it is to translate ur birth certificate u could contact ur embassy who may be able to help u out

birth cert

Hi,

I need a birth certificate translated. I\'d deal with the embassy, but rather not.. they are hard to deal with and results could take a month!

Jenn

generally

birth certificates have to be translated by an official translator and the lawyer gets this done.

Do you have a lawyer , if so consult him, if not try university in your area - contact them and ask for person who can do transcripts. I am sure they will be authorised (just guessing but good guess)

Has CSC specified that it has to be in the LA area or is this your requirement, because if not you could fedex document to translator and translator could fedex the document back to you.

It will make things easier if this requirement of "LA area " is not present.

please reply

Also

call all ur Indonesian friends/relatives
I am sure they faced the same issue regarding birth certificate translation or education certificates translation
ask them what they did

Hope this helps

Did you submit a translated birth certificate with your original 485 application?

Please share... I may be in the same shoes, I did submit birth certificate + translated one (not certified).